Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Viacom severs ties with Nick Cannon amid alleged "antisemitic" statements

We in the Information Age, the evidence is out there just do your research..

You're talking as if I haven't. I've heard the arguments for it. They just aren't convincing and its hard for me to understand how so many people are running with those arguments as if its unquestionable proof.

Anyways, arguing about what group was black or not is stupid. Everyone should know by now that what we call black or white or anything else from a modern Western race perspective has no real basis in reality and certainly doesn't translate to groups that lived thousands of years ago.

He didn't suggest we share a bloodline though.

He basically said that we are the true Hebrews and they are fakes.
There's much more to that conversation involving conflating Judaism and Zionism, which are not the same thing.

After WW2, when the persecuted Jews were looking for a land to call their own, they originally sought African land before they decided to take Palestinian land. The problem is that life necessities and spirituality are made into political jargon.

Jews are the devil, they're the perpetrators of the bigotry and oppression they accuse everyone else of.
Cornel West made an excellent point.

Instead of making broad generalizations about "the Jews", you should specify who you are talking about. Name names, groups, businesses, organizations, etc.

Your point will be much better received instead of throwing out a vague and all encompassing "they".

So who are you talking about specifically?

There's much more to that conversation involving conflating Judaism and Zionism, which are not the same thing.

After WW2, when the persecuted Jews were looking for a land to call their own, they originally sought African land before they decided to take Palestinian land. The problem is that life necessities and spirituality are made into political jargon.

That much I agree with. I'm talking more about Nick Cannon claiming he comes from the original Hebrews. That's what doesn't make sense. I don't know his geneology, but the average African American does not descend from Semites. It's just a weird claim to make. It would be like an Asian American whose family is from Thailand claiming to be part of some random ethnic group from in western China.

That much I agree with. I'm talking more about Nick Cannon claiming he comes from the original Hebrews. That's what doesn't make sense. I don't know his geneology, but the average African American does not descend from Semites. It's just a weird claim to make. It would be like an Asian American whose family is from Thailand claiming to be part of some random ethnic group from in western China.
What Nick said was "Black people are Semetic people".

That's not to say all black people are semetic or that all Semetic people are black. But to say black people are semetic is to say that there are black people who speak ancient Hebrew, Arabic, Aramaic, etc languages.

What Nick said was "Black people are Semetic people".

That's not to say all black people are semetic or that all Semetic people are black. But to say black people are semetic is to say that there are black people who speak ancient Hebrew, Arabic, Aramaic, etc languages.

It still seems too general too me. Only a small fraction of black people are Semetic, and again, he clearly personalizes that connection when it likely isn't there.

In the end, I don't think he was being racist and the outrage over his comments are silly, but I do think he was getting into the realm of reckless revisionist history.

Back