Welcome To aBlackWeb

Verzuz: Jeezy vs Gucci

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baldheadlogic

Beardologist
Jeezy says he originally wanted to do a Verzuz battle against his other fellow ATL native Gucci Mane.

As Jeezy and T.I. gear up for the next round of Verzuz, the two have been answering many questions about their upcoming spar. Jeezy recently appeared on The Breakfast Club and revealed that his first pick as a contender was Gucci. Jeezy says the first time he got a call about doing a Verzuz came from Swizz Beatz, and during that call, he told Swizz that if he goes up against anybody, he wants it to be Gucci Mane.

When I even got the call about Verzuz, I got the call from Swizz. I was like, ‘Yo, Swizz, I really, you know, if I do it. It’s only one person I’ll do it with.’ And he was like, ‘Who?’ I was like, ‘Gucci, reach out to him. Let me know what’s up,'” explained Jeezy.

He continued: “Yeah, I did that. I reached out. Swizz hit back, said he respectfully declines. Cool, done. Kept it moving. I was going to do it for the culture. We could have did it for the culture. I hung up the phone, ten minutes later, that’s when I seen my brother video calling me out.”

Jeezy said it all worked after seeing T.I.’s video, in which he said that he would like to go against Young Jeezy. “Like I say, 10 minutes after that call. When Swizz called me back, that’s when I seen the Tip video. I was like, ‘Okay. I already see what’s going on.'”

So far, Jeezy says he isn’t sure where he and T.I. will hold their battle in Atlanta but confirmed that the show would be held on Nov. 19.

Lol gucci too tough I guess
If yankees knew anything about the culture that this versus shit came from they'd know most of the niggaz that did it hated each other.

At the end of the day it was about skills. Not saying any mishaps didn't happen. For the most part dudes put their egos aside, stood on the same stage and went lyrics for lyrics song for song.

One of the most prominent artistes in clashing (don gorgon) Ninja Man just got locked up for life cause all his bodies finally caught up with him.

It's guccis right to refuse given the history not gonna knock him. Ijs there's a precedent already in place for dudes who got real beef to still participate.

Inb4 Jeezy calls Gucci and tells him not to play So Icy because hes going to use that for his set and Gucci hits him with the....

giphy.gif

Back