Welcome To aBlackWeb

Usos & New Day: Top TWO WWE greatest tag teams ever? If not...then WHO...WHO...WHO?

Can't be a top tag team when you have no other team to push you to greatness.

I mean..this shouldn't be denied. Like alot of their title reigns has to do with the poor product that is the tag team division..a bunch of single wrestlers teaming up w each other just to give them something to do...

I mean you all gonna sit there and act like Vince doesn't love breaking teams up just to give one a singles push...

To me. The USOs are benefiting from alot of Roman's success.

How can New Day and Uso's be the most dominant tag team when the WWE tag team division has ONLY really consisted of New Day and Uso's for the past 5-10 yrs? Everyone else are mashups of singles stars

As most ppl had said Hart Foundation, Hardy's, Dudley Boys (more for their work in ECW than WWE but was still dominant) and LOD (not sure if they're a WWE or NWA tag team but oh well) are more dominant since there was more catering to the WWE tag team division than now
Bingo.

Some of their feuds and reigns were very benign but when I example their body of competition throughout the years, I guess they make a case. Especially against like Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson and some other notable tag teams. That's how I'm judging them - off their caliber of opponents.

Benefiting from a golden age of tag doesn't make your a great tag team. Basically being a hot team when everybody cares about tag teams is just showing up and being popular with the fans.

New day was leading in merch at a time life you've all said wasn't full of great tags. Which means most people didnt really care about tag... But new day did.

New day and uso's were putting on great main event matches and making everybody care about the tag titles by them selves. They made themselves hot with a cold division

A lot of the other teams just benefited due to the field

1. New Day (Longest reigning champions, most title reigns, 2 World Champions, 1 King of the Ring, over as Faces and Heels, Moved Merch including breakfast cereal lol)
  2. Demolition (Longest reigning WWF tag champions, GOAT theme song, massively over)
  3. Hardy Boyz (longevity, 2 World champions, merch, influence, matches with E&C and Dudleys)
  4. Usos (We the ones, related to the Tribal Chief Roman Reigns, Longest reigning Smackdown Champions)
  5. New Age Outlaws (Dominated the tag ranks, stupid over, catchphrases & merch, NO classic matches)
E&C, Dudleys, British Bulldogs, LOD (want to put them top 5 but too many ventriloquist dummies, drug pusher, and Hawk is an addict story lines) all honorable mentions.

1. New Day (Longest reigning champions, most title reigns, 2 World Champions, 1 King of the Ring, over as Faces and Heels, Moved Merch including breakfast cereal lol)
  2. Demolition (Longest reigning WWF tag champions, GOAT theme song, massively over)
  3. Hardy Boyz (longevity, 2 World champions, merch, influence, matches with E&C and Dudleys)
  4. Usos (We the ones, related to the Tribal Chief Roman Reigns, Longest reigning Smackdown Champions)
  5. New Age Outlaws (Dominated the tag ranks, stupid over, catchphrases & merch, NO classic matches)
E&C, Dudleys, British Bulldogs, LOD (want to put them top 5 but too many ventriloquist dummies, drug pusher, and Hawk is an addict story lines) all honorable mentions.
I forgot about Demolition

i put the Usos ahead of New Day for one reason...... theFreebird rule...... New Day could change the lineup of the match wheras with the Usos it's always them in the ring.

I know thie site always been super pro Usos and New Day but folks really putting both those teams as the 1 and 2 of all time??? Yikes. I figured somebody was going to use the "their black" as a reason to not overlook them.

Just like nostaglia a hell of a thing, so is whats fresh on the mind.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with New Day and Uso's being top 10 but top 5 just ain't
yo you bugging. HBK 97 is the GOAT HBK and better than ANYTHING that any other DX ever did.
DX didn't become DX until Shawn left and the Outlaws joined, when you think of DX it's the Triple H led faction

Road Dawg was nothing more than a slick talking cracker who might have been around 1 or 2 blacks tops.
Road Dogg is an Armstrong and that family was prominent in the NWA for years. His brother Brad hung around Master P and No Limit while in WCW and had a tag team with 2 Cold Scorpio.

All that to say, Road Dogg been around a plethora of niggas lol. He had enough inspiration for that Road Dogg character lol

Back