Welcome To aBlackWeb

Using "hotep" as an insult is tacky at this point

Soul_Rattler

The peculiar thing about people who use "hotep" as an insult is that they are self presenting intellectuals, yet they think the only way to properly engage with pro-black enthusiasts is to resort to name calling.

Worst off, the name calling is an actual Kemetic phrase of peace.

It seems like a wildly irresponsible way to characterize people you may not entirely agree with. Yes, chauvinists, bigots, and blow hards exist among pro-black people but the consequence of resorting to childish name calling is, eventually the wrong people get called the wrong name.

Sadly, Malcolm X, Assata Shakur, Marcus Garvey, Angela Davis, and Huey P. Newton would be called "hoteps" in this modern age of disrespectful disengagement. It is all at once a trifle severe.

...someone called you a hotep nigga didn't they?
I was waiting on this lol but no, at least not to my face. Primarily because I'm out the in your face "RESPECT YOSELF BRUTHA" type. But in this day and age, all you have to do is say you're pro black or wear any type of afrocentric paraphernalia and someone nearby will undoubtedly be loading it into the chamber.

I think its more akin to labeling at this point. It's being able to put something a category but anything can become an insult just depends on inflection and wording. I got roasted about being a "reading nigga" in 5th grade and my dumb ass was actually upset

i find the shit funny.......but the way i talk....niggas try to say it but then dont understand what i said to prove where i was wrong.

niggas say it to me cause they scared.

"Hotep" means be at peace and was used like a suffix for many great Egyptian pharaohs. I believe the first time I saw that word used as an insult was in a movie, can't think of which one. Panther, maybe? Whatever movie it was likely reflected some slice of reality that was already in the streets though. So, black people being black people, many are playing "monkey see, monkey do" with their usage of it. Not knowing how foolish they actually sound.

Sort of like the word "Uncle Tom" which is also misused as an insult. People would know this if they read the book. Or how niggas call women "stallions", which is really calling them an uncastrated male horse.

"Hotep" means be at peace and was used like a suffix for many great Egyptian pharaohs. I believe the first time I saw that word used as an insult was in a movie, can't think of which one. Panther, maybe? Whatever movie it was likely reflected some slice of reality that was already in the streets though. So, black people being black people, many are playing "monkey see, monkey do" with their usage of it. Not knowing how foolish they actually sound.

Sort of like the word "Uncle Tom" which is also misused as an insult. People would know this if they read the book. Or how niggas call women "stallions", which is really calling them an uncastrated male horse.

or how west coast rap niggas was calling pussy "cock" back in the early 90's. Had me lookin like

:nigga2:

You-keep-using-that-word.jpg

The peculiar thing about people who use "hotep" as an insult is that they are self presenting intellectuals, yet they think the only way to properly engage with pro-black enthusiasts is to resort to name calling.

Worst off, the name calling is an actual Kemetic phrase of peace.

It seems like a wildly irresponsible way to characterize people you may not entirely agree with. Yes, chauvinists, bigots, and blow hards exist among pro-black people but the consequence of resorting to childish name calling is, eventually the wrong people get called the wrong name.

Sadly, Malcolm X, Assata Shakur, Marcus Garvey, Angela Davis, and Huey P. Newton would be called "hoteps" in this modern age of disrespectful disengagement. It is all at once a trifle severe.

Malcolm and none of them would be called hoteps. Dr Umar is a hotep. Hoteps are the fraudd the fakes the fake pastor type but instead of a buble its some pseudoscience egyptian shit or moorish or etc. Its a name for the fakes. But the phrase i admit is wack.

It always sounded like something faggots and reality show bitches would say and the birds in life who emulate em so of course I avoid that type of language

Nahhhhh, there’s a difference between being pro black and educated and being some other shit.

From what I’ve seen, the folks who are called “Hotep ass niggas” are the same ones talking about “Women are not suppose to get a period, it is unhealthy” like that dumb ass YAYA dude on Facebook.

it be this dad at my son school that be like "what's up soldier" every morning..

i got money he a hotep nigga

Malcolm and none of them would be called hoteps. Dr Umar is a hotep. Hoteps are the fraudd the fakes the fake pastor type but instead of a buble its some pseudoscience egyptian shit or moorish or etc. Its a name for the fakes. But the phrase i admit is wack.

Nahhhhh, there’s a difference between being pro black and educated and being some other shit.

From what I’ve seen, the folks who are called “Hotep ass niggas” are the same ones talking about “Women are not suppose to get a period, it is unhealthy” like that dumb ass YAYA dude on Facebook.

X would not have been called a Hotep
I don't think you all are properly estimating how dismissive the masses can be toward serious discourse. They literally don't want to hear that shit on any level.

I don't think you all are properly estimating how dismissive the masses can be toward serious discourse. They literally don't want to hear that shit on any level.

I think you don’t understand no one actually really cares, LMAO foh man.

Back