Welcome To aBlackWeb

use it or lose it

Do you use your pto often?

• Yes, Fuck yall niggas

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • No, I Save it or only use it in an emergency

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
I hate the type of person that cares about their job passed it just being their job.

Yall know the type. The mfee thats really proud of their job and their job is a part of their identity.

Shit always disgusts me. Like yo its just a job fam. Unless you own the company, fuck letting your job be a part of your idenity. Shits disgusting.

I mean I care about my job. I'm not that over zealous guy that bleeds what ever job colors are or waking around chanting the mantra. But I also like what I do. And your job is your identity cause if you in the education field you'll have folks coming to ask you questions same with mechanics.
How you perceive somebody determines if you'll approach them about a car or a printer.

I hate the type of person that cares about their job passed it just being their job.

Yall know the type. The mfee thats really proud of their job and their job is a part of their identity.

Shit always disgusts me. Like yo its just a job fam. Unless you own the company, fuck letting your job be a part of your idenity. Shits disgusting.
What about doctors?

I mean I care about my job. I'm not that over zealous guy that bleeds what ever job colors are or waking around chanting the mantra. But I also like what I do. And your job is your identity cause if you in the education field you'll have folks coming to ask you questions same with mechanics.
How you perceive somebody determines if you'll approach them about a car or a printer.

I respect it

I take them and their is no stress from management about when I use it. 80hrs rolls over to the next year. Since I didnt go anywhere last year for obvious reasons, I had like 180hrs around nov. So I worked like half of December and some of November.

I work from home and be out and about chilling while "working". I sometimes even forget about PTO because I work alone and really answer to one person.

I haven't had to keep up with PTO in almost a decade. Perks of moving up the corporate ladder quick. When I need off I take off, and dare somebody to say something about it. I don't even work past 5 unless I decide to myself, and that's rare now.

This older guy at my current job tried to hit me with the "maybe you should stick around late if your co-workers stay late to support." I can't help they assess ain't efficient, lol. I triple their output while managing more people at the same time.

Then his ass got passed up for the CEO job by someone who's only been there 5 years and he been there for 25, lol. Guess all that working late and not taking PTO shit ain't pay off.

Yo this is a strong ass reaction, bruh. Why you hate the shit so much? Serious question.

Gotta take your time off... I work with folks from Europe and they take so much time off....i try to influence my job to start doing the same.

Yo this is a strong ass reaction, bruh. Why you hate the shit so much? Serious question.

Cause I been around mfers let their job build up their whole ego. These mfers are super invested in their company doing well. Mfers defend they company, and do shit like not taking their pto cause they dont wanna hurt the company. I just been around too many of these mfers and that shit became annoying.

To me, my job is just a job. My job isnt a part of my identity. My identity is built off a ton of shit and my job comes last. And I say this having a great career and a job that pays me alot of money.

Im gon chalk this up to my personal experience being around mfers that take their jobs too serious made me hate mfers that take their jobs too seriously

Ive never been shy about taking off but there is a work rapport or understanding between some men....i wont leave my people hanging on a bad day or during a time i know its gonna be fucked up...and thats strictly personal between me and my coworkers its not for the company

But yeah i get 120 pto hours....I used to use 80 and sell 40 back but they stopped that...so i take off all the time...never missed a school event or personal trip....going in around noon today (field day) and took off next thurs and fri (bros graduation)

Still dont take off as much as the lady would like...everything is "just take off" lol...yall be serious too

In todays episode of CAPITALISM FUCKING SUCKS what is this shit?

I believe people should take time off whenever they can because burnout is a real thing. i remember my past jobs guilt tripping me whenever i wanted to take time off but pto is a wage. ive earned it the same as ive earned my paycheck. I have friends that refuse to take their pto because their employer loves reminding them that something more “important” may come up down the line but fuck all that! my mental health is important every day.

I stacked pto just to use for whenever I used to have at least 40 hours. But now I’m at like 8. Pandemic shit

I use all my time off at incovenient times. I dont tell people that Ima be gone. And when work pisses me off I use FMLA to take more time when needed. Not runnin me into the ground. In Capitalism, they are never worried about the worker, just production . Gotta look out for me.

Last November, I was getting to the point that I was about to hurt people at work, personal life was difficult.

If I didnt have that time to use, probably would've lost my job due to violence.

Use of your resources. Fuck em.

Note: FMLA can be used for mental health

Lmao I have 2 jobs and my mindset be completely different depending on which one I'm at. One of em we have a small team and we actually like each other for the most part lol... so we do care a lil bit and try to coordinate when somebody takes off and getting coverage. My main union job can kiss my ass tho I show up and take off whenever tf I feel like paid or not.

Cause I been around mfers let their job build up their whole ego. These mfers are super invested in their company doing well. Mfers defend they company, and do shit like not taking their pto cause they dont wanna hurt the company. I just been around too many of these mfers and that shit became annoying.

To me, my job is just a job. My job isnt a part of my identity. My identity is built off a ton of shit and my job comes last. And I say this having a great career and a job that pays me alot of money.

Im gon chalk this up to my personal experience being around mfers that take their jobs too serious made me hate mfers that take their jobs too seriously
I don't mind people being this way, it only pisses me off when they expect other people to take their job as seriously as they do.

My job is cool since they encourage us to take PTO, vacation days, summer fridays, and whatever else we have.

Now, if they didn't encourage it I'd be on the side of fuck 'em, take those days. Like Drea said, if a business' success is relying on the availability of one person, that's problematic.

depends on the mindset...

you want to grow, you want to be a business owner,you want to make great money to set up for financial freedom?

then don’t take PTO..

Back