Welcome To aBlackWeb

URL Flashback Series: Daylyt vs Mike P

Who won

• Mike P

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Debateable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Watched this one last night after I rewatched NOME X. Day first round, while good, felt like he was testing out Mike.

Mike came out swinging

I have Day clearly taking the 2nd and 3rd though, but Mike brought his A game for sure

Never really liked this battle tbh

Lyt has 20 plus performances better than this.

Never really liked this battle tbh

Lyt has 20 plus performances better than this.
i went to it b/c Tay was saying he used that battle as motivation for day. I dont think i had ever seen it in its entirety outside of clips here and there

i went to it b/c Tay was saying he used that battle as motivation for day. I dont think i had ever seen it in its entirety outside of clips here and there

That's cuz it was Lyt's only URL battle.

Day half assed the battle outside the 3rd imo, cuz Smack gave him a rookie.

I noticed a few years ago that there's a large portion of "battle rap fans" who only watch URL. That's the main reason Lyt isn't in more Goat conversations. That changed last night tho.

It's like a nigga who only plays in the Rucker and kicks all the NBA allstar's ass every summer but never gets recognition cuz he never played in the NBA and then Smack (NBA) brings him on and sends him to the D League.

That's why Lyt's "How many PG's have I passed on? 13 cuz that's kid shit" bar hit so hard.

The conversation that happened after the battle was a big moment in battle rap history. Daylyt is the only black battle rapper to become a star without URL. He's been the face of the leagues viewed as Smack's competition for 10 years now.

He was the face of KOTD , he left, then KOTD fell off, he went to RBE and now RBE is the shit. So for Lyt to say "This is the only league that matters" was big, that's why Smack reacted the way he did.

But yea, there's way better Daylyt battles.

Daylyt won but this battle was dead in the middle of a time where URL was cutting its nose to spite its face. Pushing these new guys and expecting fans to accept them. Canceling SM and Nome and focusing on the PG’s. Day was supposed to be the face of this new wave. Thankfully they came to their senses and did a Nome at the end of the year.

Back