Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Untold: The Rise and Fall of AND1

6th grade someone threw the ball off my face. I thought it was on so I threw him down. He was dead ass befuddled like “why???” To this day that’s my boy. That’s my introduction to and1

one of my teammates wrapped the ball around my head before practice one day
i turned around and everything looking confused as shit
it was months later i saw it on one of the tapes and realized what happened lmao

I enjoyed it more when they were just popping up to the outside courts in the hoods

My homie used to know how to do all those moves. Niggas used really think hot sauce and them other niggas could play in the league. I use to tell them goofy Niggas that style of play wouldn't work in the league.

yeah it was always a segment of niggas that swore them And 1 cats could be successful in the NBA if they were just given a shot.

I think they evolved into “Jamal Crawford can still help somebody “ niggas

AND1 was my sh!t back in the day... We all used to share the mixtapes around and copy the moves...

I had the Tai Chi's too, one of the most iconic basketball sneakers of the 00's...

Used to watch those tapes religiously then go try those moves at the park n fail miserably. Was Skip to my Lou the only one that made it to the league. Most them cats ain’t have no jumpshot. Fancy Dribbling can only get u so far in life…

I had the white/blue joints

I think i really wanted the Tmacs but had to settle

They ugly lookin back...

...had them Chris Webber Dadas too

Yeah I had the white/blue ones too... And the ridiculously waaaaaaay oversized silky shorts and vest haha

Looking forward to seeing this.

Don't really understand how they fell off.

Now, y'all can joke all you want, but........the next time you're in Walmart.............check out the shoe section.

And1 has some decent looking kicks........and they only go for about $20 a pair.

Looking forward to seeing this.

Don't really understand how they fell off.

Now, y'all can joke all you want, but........the next time you're in Walmart.............check out the shoe section.

And1 has some decent looking kicks........and they only go for about $20 a pair.

Really?

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Really?

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I'm surprised it didn't last longer.

They had their own show on ESPN.........every arena they went to was packed..........they'd draw crowds at local courts they used to play on...........fans crowding around their buses whenever they'd leave or arrive in a new city...............

So, I'm curious to see where it all went wrong.

Even dude at the beginning of the trailer said he was wondering what happened........and he was part of the company.

Still funny how most of them hated on The Professor when he came on the scene.

I get it to an extent.

They're probably looking at him as a novelty act because he's white............and thinking that if he was black he'd just be an ordinary baller.

Granted, when he first got put on his handles weren't quite on the same level as some of the other And1 players.........but I don't think too many of them could fuck with his jumper.

Once he got his handles right..........dude was nice.

Hope the documentary touches on this, because a lot of those dudes came across like they were cool with him.......but lowkey jealous of him at the same time.

They kinda alluded to jealousy and everyone having their own agenda once they started to blow up.........so I'm just curious to see how much of that was due to how they felt about The Professor.

Back