Welcome To aBlackWeb

Unpopular Opinions on Black Culture

Well...so heres another one.

Black on black violence. It's an issue. Period. And *controversial opinion* just because we blame somebody else for it doesn't mean its going away.

And its personal for me and probably most of yall reading this post...

So why do we continue to do nothing about this smh

Black on black violence. It's an issue. Period. And *controversial opinion* just because we blame somebody else for it doesn't mean its going away.

You wit the shits

1510077925_mpbaX.gif

Never seen anyone black deny crime and violence is an issue in our community. Only time It gets brought up is when someone is trying to use it to deflect from some other dumb shit they said.

But my question to you is why do YOU continue to do nothing? I know you arnt active in doing anything about this because if you were, you wouldnt say black people do nothing about this. The only people that keep saying we do nothing about this are people who make blanket statements after they see some news article that may or not be exaggerated.

Pretty much every community plagued by crime has people working in an effort to stop the crime, but at the end of the day, you can't solve the crime problem without solving the societal problems that contribute to the crime problem. It's not like the Italians turned into better people after the 20s and 30s. Crime in there areas dropped because they ended prohibition. If a fair amount of the crime in black neighborhoods revolve around drugs, then the crime will probably decrease when they get rid of the draconian drug laws. If some of the crime is due to a lack of productive resources and outlets for the youth, then crime will probably decrease when you provide the youth with those things. If poverty is a driving force for crime, then crime will probably decrease if poor families are given more options to find success. Etcetera etcetera etcetera

Never seen anyone black deny crime and violence is an issue in our community. Only time It gets brought up is when someone is trying to use it to deflect from some other dumb shit they said.

But my question to you is why do YOU continue to do nothing? I know you arnt active in doing anything about this because if you were, you wouldnt say black people do nothing about this. The only people that keep saying we do nothing about this are people who make blanket statements after they see some news article that may or not be exaggerated.

Your first point is true...but again i dont see how that solves the problem at scale. And i think you know what im talking about...why arent more major politicians, celebrities, high profile activists speaking up against it as a major issue? I remember a thread where jermaine dupri said something relatively tame about it and twitter warriors jumped down his neck.

As far as myself...im not a high profile public figure, im just somebody on a message board stating an unpopular opinion.

Plus my solution is somewhat extreme. You gotta come down hard on crime first...business and jobs cant grow when you have it at high levels. You also look at laws and decriminalize what makes no sense to be illegal. Then you work on a major job, education (to include trade schools), and military initiative. Pretty much you heavily incentivize young people to do something productive.

Your first point is true...but again i dont see how that solves the problem at scale. And i think you know what im talking about...why arent more major politicians, celebrities, high profile activists speaking up against it as a major issue? I remember a thread where jermaine dupri said something relatively tame about it and twitter warriors jumped down his neck.

As far as myself...im not a high profile public figure, im just somebody on a message board stating an unpopular opinion.

Plus my solution is somewhat extreme. You gotta come down hard on crime first...business and jobs cant grow when you have it at high levels. You also look at laws and decriminalize what makes no sense to be illegal. Then you work on a major job, education (to include trade schools), and military initiative. Pretty much you heavily incentivize young people to do something productive.

Jermaine is an idiot thats why people came down hard on him. Also that fake "hard or crime" rhetoric is one of the reasons why we're in this situation in the first place. As for the second part of your thirst paragraph....that literally what a lot of people are trying to do right now, except the military, idk why you'd include that.

One major way you can incentivize young people is make education free or affordable and idk, raise the min wage to a living wage. But companies fight against that with disinformation all the time and it worked. Even people on here are repeating FOX News talking points saying, it rewards the lazy, young people need to earn the right to a living wage. So we back to where we started, telling young people dumb shit like, they're poor because the dont work hard enough & one day in the future if they keep working hard, they might be able to afford to live. All while they look across the boarder in Canada and Europe and them getting paid way better, get free Healthcare & free education.

Having black cops in predominantly black communities ainā€™t gonna make a damn bit of difference.

Black cops are just as bad (if not worse) than the white ones.

The police force is like a fraternity.

Itā€™s like a brotherhood of evil mutants.

Fuck black cops! They should know better.

Go ahead and hit me with the WACK and NOSIGN emojis.

Iā€™m ready. This is all about UNPOPULAR opinions on black culture, right?

Did independent women and feminism break up nuclear families or did niggas refuse to be good partners, forcing women to choose their sanity over staying with them šŸ¤”

Jermaine is an idiot thats why people came down hard on him. Also that fake "hard or crime" rhetoric is one of the reasons why we're in this situation in the first place. As for the second part of your thirst paragraph....that literally what a lot of people are trying to do right now, except the military, idk why you'd include that.

One major way you can incentivize young people is make education free or affordable and idk, raise the min wage to a living wage. But companies fight against that with disinformation all the time and it worked. Even people on here are repeating FOX News talking points saying, it rewards the lazy, young people need to earn the right to a living wage. So we back to where we started, telling young people dumb shit like, they're poor because the dont work hard enough & one day in the future if they keep working hard, they might be able to afford to live. All while they look across the boarder in Canada and Europe and them getting paid way better, get free Healthcare & free education.

Alot of what you're saying simply doesnt make any sense...

You do realize free college doesnt mean everybody who wants to go to college can go to college right? In fact colleges may take less students because they cant siphon off the student loan system and wealthier parents anymore.

And you can make an argument for a $15 dollar min wage but it without a doubt leads to job loss on some level.

That doesnt even get to the initial problem of crime itself. You think businesses would line up to go into a violent neigborhood? Or that kids are more competitive for higher education?

And coming down hard on crime doest mean all enforcement. Too often what happens is violent crime gets outta control and theres a overly heavy handed leo approach or the neighborhood just decays. It could simply mean that the community doesnt put up with the bullshit anymore.

Alot of what you're saying simply doesnt make any sense...

You do realize free college doesnt mean everybody who wants to go to college can go to college right? In fact colleges may take less students because they cant siphon off the student loan system and wealthier parents anymore.

And you can make an argument for a $15 dollar min wage but it without a doubt leads to job loss on some level.

That doesnt even get to the initial problem of crime itself. You think businesses would line up to go into a violent neigborhood? Or that kids are more competitive for higher education?

And coming down hard on crime doest mean all enforcement. Too often what happens is violent crime gets outta control and theres a overly heavy handed leo approach or the neighborhood just decays. It could simply mean that the community doesnt put up with the bullshit anymore.

Wtf? You act like free college hasn't worked in other countries. Germany's system is public. They made universities tuition free in 2014.

If grade school can be made public without fear of taking in less students, universities and colleges can too. The USA has an ample tax base to fund a public system.

that's the crux of it. The whole purpose of government funding is to not have to rely on wealthy parents or student loans.

Did independent women and feminism break up nuclear families or did niggas refuse to be good partners, forcing women to choose their sanity over staying with them šŸ¤”

That's a misinterpretation.

The latter goes hand in hand with women becoming independent enough to leave their shitty circumstance. As opposed to feeling obligated to stay because prevailing social norms were more strict and coercive.

fyi, I wasn't blaming women for anything. I was blaming the natural and just evolution of social liberalization.

Of course, it goes without saying that any trend towards an increase in social or financial hardship may destroy a nuclear family.

Last edited:
So folks was really in here saying blacks were really on some Kumbaya shit all of existence?

99F6910F-13A3-4DFF-B448-466E9CE81551.gif
My black roots trace back to Ghana. And we ainā€™t never been no hoes Lololololol

Back