Welcome To aBlackWeb

Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Paid In Full

Vote

• Total voters

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
Paid in Full [Import]: Amazon.ca: Wood Harris, Kevin Carroll, Esai ...

Synopsis: In the late 1980s, Ace (Wood Harris) is a young man employed by a Harlem dry cleaning shop, working hard to stay out of the drug business. While making deliveries, he meets Lulu (Esai Morales), a drug dealer who convinces Ace to join him. Ace recruits his friends Mitch (Mekhi Phifer) and Rico (Cam'ron), and the trio become major players in the Harlem drug underworld, a violent business that will test the friends' loyalty and wits as the money rolls in and the dangers grow beyond their control.

1593626936218.png

WE ARE USING THE AUDIENCE SCORE FOR THIS FILM

Last edited:
The critics got this one wrong imo. Audience got it right

if using the critics review is the baseline...this movie is underrated

EDIT: I added which score we are using

so this changes my rating

i say this is properly rated. It was previously underrated

Last edited:
Another movie influenced by Scarface
really?

i thought it was influenced on the guys being portrayed in the film?

unless you are talking about the actual film Paid in full and not the real life Alpo, etc...

really?

i thought it was influenced on the guys being portrayed in the film?

unless you are talking about the actual film Paid in full and not the real life Alpo, etc...

There's an entire scene talking about how the city was never the same after Scarface came out.

Belly's Lenox death scene was a straight jack of Scarface, even stole his "you wanna play rough" line.

There's dozens of movies that either stole parts of scarface or paid homage. But i won't derail.

There's an entire scene talking about how the city was never the same after Scarface came out.

Belly's Lenox death scene was a straight jack of Scarface, even stole his "you wanna play rough" line.

There's dozens of movies that either stole parts of scarface or paid homage. But i won't derail.
so this is my issue

we all know these "based on a true story" films actually add things to make it into a script that can be made into a movie

so i dont deny those guys actually saw that film. I dont deny that maybe, the city was charged after that film came out, BUT was that film actually as instrumental in the story of Alpo and em in their rise to drug kingpins OR was that something thrown into the script to help form this narrative that they were influenced to sell drugs like Scarface.

Ace was NOTHING like scarface, in this movie...so that's why i asked.

@AP21 what's wrong with this movie?
it's been a while since i saw the documentary, but i think that they probably squeezed too much into a 90 min film, but they arent the first to do that

again, look at my previous post, the goal is to make a movie you can sell to an audience so that you recoup your money back.

I thought Camron was the best part of the movie b/c it never felt like he was acting, but i would have to watch something based on the real people to see how accurately he portrayed old boy

I would've like to see more of Mitch, but maybe he wasnt as pivotal to the story which is why his scenes always were meaningful when he was in them.

so this is my issue

we all know these "based on a true story" films actually add things to make it into a script that can be made into a movie

so i dont deny those guys actually saw that film. I dont deny that maybe, the city was charged after that film came out, BUT was that film actually as instrumental in the story of Alpo and em in their rise to drug kingpins OR was that something thrown into the script to help form this narrative that they were influenced to sell drugs like Scarface.

Ace was NOTHING like scarface, in this movie...so that's why i asked.

I'm not saying Ace became who he is cuz of Scarface <<< Look at the qualifications you demand from an "Overrated" movie

AP " I know everybody loves the movie, but cmon, was it life changing"

"Did scarface save lives!?!?"

It's just one of, if not the most influential movie of our time. There's people that don't like hiphop and you can argue it's done more harm than good in our community, but you can't ignore it's impact. That's all im saying. You don't have to personally like it, but it's the most impactful movie of our time.

it's been a while since i saw the documentary, but i think that they probably squeezed too much into a 90 min film, but they arent the first to do that

again, look at my previous post, the goal is to make a movie you can sell to an audience so that you recoup your money back.

I thought Camron was the best part of the movie b/c it never felt like he was acting, but i would have to watch something based on the real people to see how accurately he portrayed old boy

I would've like to see more of Mitch, but maybe he wasnt as pivotal to the story which is why his scenes always were meaningful when he was in them.
?

Wow....

I'm not saying Ace became who he is cuz of Scarface <<< Look at the qualifications you demand from an "Overrated" movie

AP " I know everybody loves the movie, but cmon, was it life changing"

"Did scarface save lives!?!?"

It's just one of, if not the most influential movie of our time. There's people that don't like hiphop and you can argue it's done more harm than good in our community, but you can't ignore it's impact. That's all im saying. You don't have to personally like it, but it's the most impactful movie of our time.
fam, sipping syrup was glorified and influential in the hip hop community.. Does that mean it was a good thing?

as i was saying

I side with the audience the movie is properly rated...the critics were cheeks which is why i voted it as underrated

Back