Welcome To aBlackWeb

Uhhhh oh.......Dave done pissed off the mafia

Did I say it made the jokes less funny? Did I day it made his observations less credible? No. So clearly there's an understanding already there. The specifics come into play if there's an actual breakdown discussion of the jokes which is what I responded to

man shut all that shit up

boy tellin jokes & you talmbout sum overexaggerate

:hahaha:

aye that's the funniest criticism I've seen of comedy

that shit fucked me up forever now

Ima be watchin sum shit & think

"this nigga overexaggeratin & shit"

:hahaha:

I know people do that...but as someone actually from the area he's talking about there's a different insight that comes with those jokes. Same as someone from those other places would know and make those distinctions as well.

And yeah if you go back to Dave's earlier specials he does talk about being from the hood and growing up around crackheads. Not just a casual interaction but actually growing up with them. Again I never said it's not possible but he did overexaggerate the type of neighborhood he grew up in at times.

Bruh, you got to post a joke where he said crackheads were in his neighborhood because I don't remember any of those. He's had jokes where he's said he was around it, and if he lived in Silver Spring but took the Metro into DC 3 or 4 times a week to kick it with friends or hit up certain types of spots that weren't in Silver Srping, you can't sit up and act like he didn't grow up around that stuff.

Also, you're making it seem like dude was up giving his autobiography. He wasn't. He was telling jokes. Are you really listening to those jokes and expecting 100% accuracy? If he said something was present where he grew, and instead of it being across the street, it was really a 20 min metro ride away, is that really that big a deal in the context of a joke? He's a comedian not a rapper telling everyone he's lived his lyrics.

Bruh, you got to post a joke where he said crackheads were in his neighborhood because I don't remember any of those. He's had jokes where he's said he was around it, and if he lived in Silver Spring but took the Metro into DC 3 or 4 times a week to kick it with friends or hit up certain types of spots that weren't in Silver Srping, you can't sit up and act like he didn't grow up around that stuff.

Also, you're making it seem like dude was up giving his autobiography. He wasn't. He was telling jokes. Are you really listening to those jokes and expecting 100% accuracy? If he said something was present where he grew, and instead of it being across the street, it was really a 20 min metro ride away, is that really that big a deal in the context of a joke? He's a comedian not a rapper telling everyone he's lived his lyrics.

No it's not which is why I said that it doesn't change the fact that the jokes are funny. But I can remove my own enjoyment of the jokes and also see that perspective posted in those tweets. That doesn't mean I agree with them because I actually don't...but I can see how someone would look at where he actually grew up, hear some of his earlier jokes and think "well damn where did he actually run into that?".

No it's not which is why I said that it doesn't change the fact that the jokes are funny. But I can remove my own enjoyment of the jokes and also see that perspective posted in those tweets. That doesn't mean I agree with them because I actually don't...but I can see how someone would look at where he actually grew up, hear some of his earlier jokes and think "well damn where did he actually run into that?".

shaquille-o-neal-athlete.gif

bruh

who tf does that at a comedy show?

& if they do, they need to get they ass the fuck on up outta dere

shaquille-o-neal-athlete.gif

bruh

who tf does that at a comedy show?

& if they do, they need to get they ass the fuck on up outta dere

People break down the cultural significance of certain comedians jokes all the time. Richard Pryor, Chapelle, Chris Rock, Carlin etc...there's plenty that's been written about how certain routines of there's should be analyzed ie "niggas vs black people" still being talked about nearly 30 years later. It's not that far off of a concept as you're trying to make it seem.

Fair enough

These new sensitive ass everyone gets a trophy ass niggas are killing comedy and everything that goes with it. Niggas going to be telling knock knock jokes in 2022 and still some white group that these limp niggas fall behind will try to get those jokes taken away.

Where has comedy suffered bro? In 2021 who changed their comedy around? I swear y’all be bitching about shit they ain’t happen because somebody made an article about it

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
Time for the stupidity to stop.

More women on this board besides the men need to start being direct and calling her shit out.

The only way we will stop women like her from saying reckless shit like this is for other black women on this board and in other spaces to call out the stupid shit she says or anyone like her says.

Black Women don't need protection. Dumbest shit ever said, then it was said by a black woman.

lol the rage

These new sensitive ass everyone gets a trophy ass niggas are killing comedy and everything that goes with it. Niggas going to be telling knock knock jokes in 2022 and still some white group that these limp niggas fall behind will try to get those jokes taken away.

To the bold...I always wonder when people say that, mainly Gen Xers, do they realize it was actually the Gen X parents who made that "everybody gets a trophy" push in the world. The very people who use that criticism the most are the generation whose parents started that shit.

Back