Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tyre Nichols Beat To Death By Memphis Police

its time to grow up people seriously

its time to grow up, see the patterns here, and get to studying and pushing for better outside of the ballot box

its two thousand got damn twenty three

wake tf up. these conversations are so redundant and trite

I think at this point it's pretty clear to most that cops/police are reactive and not proactive. You don't call police before a crime happens, you call them after. So police being able to prevent crime has never been 100% accurate. People aren't scared of police they're scared of the possibility of punishment. The only problem is, and this is something that consistently comes up when folks say to abolish prisons, is there hasn't really been a good idea of what to do with/about people who we know will harm others. And rehabilitation ain't a viable, nor smart, option for all. It's a complex situation that requires nuance beyond "Abolish the police. We don't need anyone in our neighborhoods" because throughout human history in any society you can find there's always been some form of regulation for folks who step out of line of that society's agreed upon offenses. Police as it exists now doesn't serve that purpose so there needs to be a real deep dive beyond social media buzzwords with little to no actual critical analysis about what can be done moving forward.

How often do these incidents happen after 911 is called? It seems like they mostly happen when “proactive policing” is being attempted.

What if police were only allowed to come out when they’re called?

I think at this point it's pretty clear to most that cops/police are reactive and not proactive. You don't call police before a crime happens, you call them after. So police being able to prevent crime has never been 100% accurate. People aren't scared of police they're scared of the possibility of punishment. The only problem is, and this is something that consistently comes up when folks say to abolish prisons, is there hasn't really been a good idea of what to do with/about people who we know will harm others. And rehabilitation ain't a viable, nor smart, option for all. It's a complex situation that requires nuance beyond "Abolish the police. We don't need anyone in our neighborhoods" because throughout human history in any society you can find there's always been some form of regulation for folks who step out of line of that society's agreed upon offenses. Police as it exists now doesn't serve that purpose so there needs to be a real deep dive beyond social media buzzwords with little to no actual critical analysis about what can be done moving forward.
Policing needs to be reimagined to include or concede to community patrolling, mental health outreach, and deescaltion units that are first responders before cop interventions.

And prison should be reimagined to include a 1000% greater emphasis on rehabilitation and re-acclimation into society upon release. A true investment in bringing people back along via halfway homes, job placements, and counciling/networking. Just a decriminalization of citizens would go a long way.

Last edited:
Policing needs to be reimagined to include or concede to community patrolling, mental health outreach, and deescaltion units that are first responders before cops interventions.

And prison should be reimagined to include a 1000% great emphasis on rehabilitation and re-acclimation into society upon release. A true investment in bringing people back along via halfway homes, job placements, and counciling/networking. Just decriminalization of citizens would go a long way.

I agree with you especially the first part but my main objection is, and this is an entirely different thread topic, I fully also believe that some crimes/people can't be rehabilitated. There's just some people who can't be saved and need to be removed from society.

ead372e0-7621-4033-9cb9-971ef655a46a_text.gif

If they're really about justice, they need to call for other victims to come forward (assuming they're alive). I can guarantee you these niggas been doing this kinda shit.

@The Mad Titan @TheMadLionsFan Y'all remember Big 4??? For those of y'all not from Detroit, for years Detroit Police had a unit called the Tac Squad, aka "Big 4". Basically they would have 4 cops in a car riding around the streets looking for shit to get into. They ran up on hookers, rollers, bars (especially after-hours joints), dudes out on the block... Anything. My pops had a run-in with them in the late 60's and I had one with them when I was 13 and out too close to curfew. Them niggas was known for fuckin you up and leaving you on the sidewalk crumpled up. One of their fairly notorious tactics was taking a phonebook, putting it on the side of your ribcage, and hitting it with a night stick as hard as they could. Wouldn't leave a mark but hurt like all fuck.

Yep, remember them mfers clear as day. I stayed in ybi territory for a while. When the 4 came thru, even they cleared the block. Shit was nuts

Back