Welcome To aBlackWeb

Twitter accounts of Joe Biden, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Apple and others apparently hacked

Mr.LV

OG
Twitter accounts of Joe Biden, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Apple and others apparently hacked

By Rishi Iyengar, CNN Business

Updated 5:43 PM ET, Wed July 15, 2020

San Francisco (CNN Business)Twitter (TWTR) accounts belonging to Joe Biden, Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Apple, among other prominent handles, were compromised on Wednesday and posted tweets that appeared to promote a cryptocurrency scam.

The accounts, along with those of former President Barack Obama, Kanye West, Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos and Mike Bloomberg, posted similar tweets soliciting donations via Bitcoin to their verified profiles on Wednesday.

"Everyone is asking me to give back, and now is the time," Gates' tweet said, promising to double all payments to a Bitcoin address for the next 30 minutes.

A spokesperson for Twitter said the company is looking into the issue.

"We can confirm that this tweet was not sent by Bill Gates," a spokesperson for Gates told CNN Business. "This appears to be part of a larger issue that Twitter is facing. Twitter is aware and working to restore the account."

"Like many others, our @Uber account was hit by a scammer today," the company tweeted. "The tweet has been deleted and we're working directly with @Twitter to figure out what happened."

I first seen it from Ye.. I thought ok maybe he is bipolar, then I seen it from Elon... which scared me. I was thinking President/VP out here trying to rule the world through Bitcoin then I saw Gates tweet then knew they were hacked lol

The news is openly callin this kid a "mastermind".

Actually the statement from the prosecutors called him the "mastermind" of the plot. Its just a figure of speech in a PR statement for a high profile indictment.

Real hackers are skilled computer programmers that discover security vulnerabilities and write computer code designed to exploit it.

From what I understand, this kid didn't do any of that, he just knew what door to knock on and smooth talked his way in.

That's impressive, but its pretty basic con artist shit. He got nothing to offer the Feds.

Its not even breaking into Twitter that's gonna get him fucked up, its the Bitcoin scam bullshit. Wire Fraud and Money Laundering charges......that's 20 years....each.

Nah this little cac goin under the jail lol.

Back