Welcome To aBlackWeb

True or False???

is putting your child out at 18 a generational curse?

• True

• False

• Hmmmm

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes.

but

That’s some rare shit that happen to kids. They normally leave on their own at 18 not the other way around

The real curse is wanting to leave because you think you’re grown and don’t want to answer to your parents

I know people who was put out but those same people was hardheaded and didn't respect the rules of the house either so there's that. I joke with my son all of the time telling the day he turn 18 he better have a plan or he has to gtfoh.

I say that to light a fire under him so he won't be stagnant and not have a plan and live off his pops

Funny enough, 18 is young as shit.

Im ready to stop thinking of an 18 year old as an adult.

Its not fair to hold a mfer at 18 to the same expectations to me at 30.

thought that shit was tv shit . most people i know still at or moved out when they are in mid 20s .

I've known ppl that was all of a sudden made to pay bills at 18. Which...might as well mean they got put out cuz they were pretty much on their own financially.

It’s definitely a narrative that need to be re-examined and calibrated to the times, like everything else ppl like to use the excuse of “times are different now” for. I get the impression many ppl assume that teens “should” leave the home at 18 “by default” without ever questioning the reason why we ever except this as the norm in the first place.

Left home at 16, moved back in at 17, got my own place again at 18 moved back in at 19, got asked to contribute to the household wit my check, moved back out for good. Fuck I look like paying rent for someone else. But my upbringing wasn’t normal. I feel like if your parents raised you right, they shouldn’t kick you out the moment they aren’t legally liable for you. But I wouldn’t call it a generational curse, I know dudes that living wit their moms at 30..kicking out don’t seem like a black thing to me

Back