Welcome To aBlackWeb

True or False: Did The South Ruin Hip Hop

True or False: Did The South Ruin Hip Hop

• Total voters
Lmao don't be petty, You're better than that....Thought I wouldn't have to say but let me clarify.When We say that South Is Garbage we aren't talking the likes of artists such as Geto Boys, Tip ,Devin the Dude ,OutKast, Luda ,Bun B ect ect
Naw. He don't like any of these artists. Yall not on the same page.

I'll admit I'm wrong if anybody can name 1 rapper that has a DJ.

Otherwise I'll maintain that Hip Hop evolved into something else that isn't Hip Hop.

And the puppetmasters were so slick that you didn't even notice.

Nah I've been more than aware of it. At some point I just realized that there was no point in being mad at it anymore. I by myself couldn't stop outsiders from infiltrating and damaging the culture. None of us could.

Can't let that negative energy get in your head cause the real lies inside you so you gotta preserve it and pass it on. That's how you counter their damage.

Do I think it's right? Absolutely not. One of my best friends growing up was a kid who would've been lost in the streets had he not discovered breakin when we were 12.

Another head I knew would've been an alky if I didn't let him know that his dream of being a dominican premo back in '99 was not impossible. Learning and breaking in his 1200s kept him busy, motivated, challenged and away from his crutch like distraction: Brugal rum.

To this day if I ever see him he just says "technics" to me with a smile. He didn't become the next premo but he became the first him cause of hip hop. Hell learning the MPC 1000 way way back in the day was my savior. Helped me recognize my purpose in life.

With all that in mind I can't fail to recognize reality either. Hip hop would not be as exploitable and disposable if we the people from the NY hoods still held the power. But no matter how watered down and distilled it's still hip hop. It's just not as rich as we remember it. The one upside to it though is thay now it's global and at least international cats still respect all the elements outside production and emceeing. That's beautiful. I remember when peeps were still saying it would be a fad.

The elements are very important and the fact that kids just ignore them it's sad cause it could literally change their whole lives. One of the things I'd like to introduce if they ever put a permanent community center here in Inwood is those elements to the kids out here.

3 Latinos and 2 are females are said to run hip hop in the Mecca

NY ruined hip hop

3 Latinos and 2 are females are said to run hip hop in the Mecca

NY ruined hip hop

I'm latino and we had a hand in bringing this shit up. So I see no issue with one getting a top spot. 3 though? Where Jeff ? Who outside Teriyaki and Retardi the short bus twins?

I'm latino and we had a hand in bringing this shit up. So I see no issue with one getting a top spot. 3 though? Where Jeff ? Who outside Teriyaki and Retardi the short bus twins?

You black or white

You black or white
Black. I look like Cardi. Was darker as a kid but I got what dominicans call panos. That shit MJ had. Vitiligo whatever. So im as light as she is. A bit darker. But believe you me plenty have reminded me that in the end im still a black man. Been aware of that since childhood.

Black. I look like Cardi. Was darker as a kid but I got what dominicans call panos. That shit MJ had. Vitiligo whatever. So im as light as she is. A bit darker. But believe you me plenty have reminded me that in the end im still a black man. Been aware of that since childhood.

All you had to say was black lol

Lil Jon and his fuck boy friends started the decline and now it's what it is now, mumble mouth bastards running around everywhere. Crunk and snap music era had everyone putting out bullshit. Some of these lil fucks talking about they don't care about lyricism. Everybody wanna be a trap rapper, there was no originality coming outta there, it was all trash.

Then it reached a point of no return when this shit happened

GBeJcs.gif

Laffy Taffy definitely a low point in human history but I can't talk cause around that time we had Chicken Noodle Soup repping us out here.

I also think we put too much weight into party songs.

Hip Hop is MCing, DJing, Grafitti and Breakdancing.

When I was coming up in the 80s Rappers had dancers and every MC had a DJ. Sometimes a rapper would have a song on his album just talking about his DJ. When's the last time you heard a rapper talk about his DJ?

When's the last time you saw a video with dancing?

South rappers was doing dance songs tho but yall up north niggas said it was cooning an shit. Nobody doing graffitti in videos tho graffitti is still done all over but the big elegant pieces arent everywhere.

You niggas going to take responsibility for the dumb'ing down of the culture. You say the south took over early 2000's and that's the time shit went to bullshit. That region let any and everybody drop trash without giving a single fuck.

Look at the who's who of wack nigga's

tumblr_ok0fpuGTva1vciti6o1_400.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Most of those nigga's jumped on a wave and all of them are milk carton status. To this day the real MC's can't get a run because mumble rap fucks like Future and all his offspring steady dropping trash.That southern sound even destroyed NY because those dumbasses started using that sound

The south aint responsible for dipset.

You niggas going to take responsibility for the dumb'ing down of the culture. You say the south took over early 2000's and that's the time shit went to bullshit. That region let any and everybody drop trash without giving a single fuck.

Look at the who's who of wack nigga's

tumblr_ok0fpuGTva1vciti6o1_400.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Most of those nigga's jumped on a wave and all of them are milk carton status. To this day the real MC's can't get a run because mumble rap fucks like Future and all his offspring steady dropping trash.That southern sound even destroyed NY because those dumbasses started using that sound
This is so disrespectful, I know 3 of them could sell out a show in the south. Maybe all over. I see the hate for the south is real in here

Back