Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Trill animals appreciation thread v2

-Toothless-how-to-train-your-dragon-33059196-800-600.jpg

Ole back in my day we used to be kangz dragons looking ass bwoy

Bats don’t even seem real.

They’re like something created in a movie studio.

These are the biggest ones right here.

Real talk, bats would be the subject of a question I'd ask an evolutionary biologist if I ever met one. I don't really understand how they came to be.

Let's think about it for a second. The concept of natural selection basically says that the individuals best equipped to survive in a particular environment will survive and pass along their genes. Over time, the traits that give living things the best chance at survivale will win out.

So foxes make their way up to the arctic hundreds of thousands of years ago. The ones with the standard color coats don't fair so well, because orange doesn't blend in with snow so well. However, some foxes because of mutation, have white coats. Well, those foxes are able to thrive better, and as a result they live to pass on their genes, and over time, white coated foxes are the dominant group in the arctic.

That make sense. Bats don't make sense. Say you have some supposed ancestor of the bat hundreds of thousands of years ago. It's basically just a ground dwelling mammal. Of time, somehow, that mammal developed wings and the ability to fly, but how the hell did that happen. Yes, wings in their final state are good for bats, but I don't really understand how the transitionary stages were beneficial enough to get to that final state. Also, flying is learned behavior, so how could natural selection lead the bat's ancestor towards flying if flying isn't exactly something that's a guaranteed result of those changes. I mean even if bats somehow developed wings through evolution, what possessed the first animal to jump out of a tree and use those wings to fly? It doesn't really make sense.

Back