Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened

1708687378920.png

https://www.mediaite.com/uncategori...mentary-tells-story-of-the-barbaric-festival/

New Netflix Documentary on Fyre Festival Tells Story of ‘Island Getaway Turned Disaster’

Netflix has released a trailer for its new documentary on the infamous 2017 Fyre Festival — Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened — set to air January 18.

According to the trailer, the documentary will go behind-the-scenes and display, firsthand, the conditions of the ‘luxury” weekend festival that was advertised for months with supermodels like Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, and Emily Ratajkowski, and eventually turned out to be a nightmarish scam. As shown in the preview, the festival, which falsely claimed to take place on an island that previously belonged to Pablo Escobar, turned out to be a disaster with army-style accommodations and a whopping total of zero supermodels. Worse, some people had paid up to $12,000 to attend.

“These guys are either completely full of shit, or they’re the smartest guys in the room,” says one worker featured in the trailer.

Fyre Festival cofounders Ja Rule (rapper) and Billy McFarland were subsequently banned from the Bahamas, hit with lawsuits totaling over $100 million, and in McFarland’s case, incarcerated for fraud.

“He can convince anyone of pretty much anything,” one person notes of McFarland.

In addition to the Netflix documentary, the Fyre Festival will be featured in a Hulu docu-series promoted by Billboard and Mic, aimed for this year

Just found out about these on the Joe Budden Podcast. Two different documentaries. One's a Hulu, the other on Netflix. They're out now:

FYRE FRAUD on Hulu

Netflix version

“IF you wanna fucking go see the pigs, and the girls wanna see the pigs, we gonna see the pigs “ - Ja Fraud

watched the one on netflix last night. Shit was way deeper than i anticipated it to be. Dude needs to be in jail a long ass time. Gonna peep the hulu one tonight even tho itll probably say the same shit

cs, watched it last night (the netflix one). it was way deeper than i expected as well.. and my man running that shit was so fucking dirty...
dead as this dude being out on bail and STILL scamming. i thought this mafucka has to be crazy..but then i thoughtabout it, he probably owed so many people money his ass didnt have a choice but keep scammin. and i LOL'd at the one party goer at that end that was awarded 5 Mil, cause i know he aint gettting that shit

cs, watched it last night (the netflix one). it was way deeper than i expected as well.. and my man running that shit was so fucking dirty...
dead as this dude being out on bail and STILL scamming. i thought this mafucka has to be crazy..but then i thoughtabout it, he probably owed so many people money his ass didnt have a choice but keep scammin. and i LOL'd at the one party goer at that end that was awarded 5 Mil, cause i know he aint gettting that shit
Yeah shit was fucked up. Dude only got 6 years too smh.

Just checked the hulu one. Still good and a bit different from the Netflix one. Had a couple of the same folks but also had brief interviews with Billy. Worth the watch if you saw the Netflix one too

Just watched the Netflix one.

I remember the incident at the time and I remember there was a real schadenfreude response to it on social media - a load of spoilt rich kids spending stupid money to go to a tropical island and party to crap music getting fucked over. I didn't realise how deep it went with blatant fraud, exploitation, obstruction of justice, etc. I felt sorry for all those that worked with the guy and lost cash, especially the woman who had to pay out her own savings. 6 years for the damage he caused is pretty minor.

Last edited:
Just watched the Netflix one.

I remember the incident at the time and I remember there was a real schadenfreude response to it on social media - a load of spoilt rich kids spending stupd money to go to a tropical oslabd and party to crap music getting fucked over. I didn't realise how deep it went with blatant fraud, exploitation, obstruction of justice, etc. I felt sorry for all those that worked with the guy and lost cash, especially the woman who had to pay out her own savings. 6 years for the damage he caused is pretty minor.

yeah i felt bad for the one lady down there.. drained her entire savings paying off all the workers the festival didnt pay. even the one other bahamian cat that was interviewed, he even dipped for a minute cause they (all the workers) turned to them for payment once the fyre folks took off. Fucked up situation all around

And my man only get 6 years..smh im bout to check the hulu one out...

Only ppl I felt sorry for was the locals. The ppl that put in that hard word and the woman who lost her savings. Use the locals for free labor, typical cac shit All the yes men around billy knew what the fuck was going on. They just thought they'd get away with it.

Lmao at ja rule talmbout "well I wouldn't call it fraud....more like false advertisement"

Halfway thru and this mf talkin about he was down to suck the customs officers dick for a truckful of water as a favor to his boss.
:scust:

Back