Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Top Boy (Season 3)

K

King Freeman

Drake may want to reconsider changing his opening lines in his hit "Forever" to "Last name Producer, first name Rising" considering his foray into television production. Not only did he serve as executive producer of HBO's juggernaut teen drama Euphoria, now the former star of Degrassi: The Next Generation has his second TV production credit with Top Boy, which he produced along with SpringHill Entertainment and his longtime business partner, producer Adel Nur, known as Future the Prince. This is Future the Prince's first time producing for TV. They both also serve as musical supervisors for the series.

The trailer, released Tuesday, shows the dark world of East London's underground drug gangs and the violent market that propels them. The original series aired in the U.K. from 2011 to 2013, and is available on Netflix. The new season returns to the streaming service Sept. 13, and it picks up where the original left off, bringing drug kingpin Dushane (Ashley Walters) back to London from exile in Jamaica to reclaim his throne as the big boss in the drug trade, teaming up with some ruthless, power hungry conspirators to make it happen by any means necessary. The series also stars British rappers Little Simz and Dave.

Looks like Drake has a type, and that type is gritty drug dramas. Check out the trailer below.

been meaning to get to this one for a while, but according to @King Freeman, season 3 drops friday, and he said Drake apparently has bought the show?

anyway, ya'll know how it goes

I'm gonna have to start from the beginning at some point

use the tags next time fam

the search feature for words 3 characters or less doesn't pull anything up and for some reason, i can no longer see threads users have created.

use the tags next time fam

the search feature for words 3 characters or less doesn't pull anything up and for some reason, i can no longer see threads users have created.

How was I supposed to know this administrator?

How was I supposed to know this administrator?

I sent out a site wide alert the day i did it...how about start there site member

I like this showed watched the first 2 seasons a while ago. Definitely been waiting on this since I heard Drake bought series. Hope it continues to a be a really good show.

Will be watching saturday morning.

been meaning to get to this one for a while, but according to @King Freeman, season 3 drops friday, and he said Drake apparently has bought the show?

anyway, ya'll know how it goes

I'm gonna have to start from the beginning at some point

Been known for a couple years he bought the show rights.

Original plan was to buy it and take on a starring role but he's just going to produce it and get that Netflix bag.

Took the night off and sat thru the whole season uninterrupted. This show just jumped the ranks.

This show is wicked still...

A very good start (even though it's technically season 3), minus a couple of questionable moments, but nonetheless, it's up there with my favourite shows right now.

It's crazy how similar Toronto and UK with the slang/lingo, influenced by the Caribbean and West African culture.

The ending was trash man snitching? Smmfh but I like it ...that dyke was hilarious “ inna bit”

For story sake it was good shit. Jamie too good of a character to waste.
Power was essentially built off that. Fact of the matter is it happens more than you think and he made it right anyway. Jamie not even doing the bid.

And the 2 crack heads being revealed as feds at the end... duschane probably about to sit for a little bit himself. Sully can't run it dolo. He's gonna need Jamie. That boy is nice with it.

So u agree it was lazy writing lol and plot armor

For that particular scene, I didn't think it was lazy writing.

It only shows how desperate and low Dushane was willing to go. Sully called him out on it after and got Dushane in his emotion bag. Now he's trying to save face by getting Jamie out only to work for him. Which is a dangerous move, but you need this kind of plot twist to spice things up.

Everything about that episode goes back to Sully not being able to trust Dushane at all. Dude is one selfish piece of shit lol.

Minor shit that I felt were terrible writing or timing was when they showed the clip between Dushane and the suppliers drinking champagne and smiling/laughing at the end. I was like squeezing my eyes like whaaaaaat?

For that particular scene, I didn't think it was lazy writing.

It only shows how desperate and low Dushane was willing to go. Sully called him out on it after and got Dushane in his emotion bag. Now he's trying to save face by getting Jamie out only to work for him. Which is a dangerous move, but you need this kind of plot twist to spice things up.

Everything about that episode goes back to Sully not being able to trust Dushane at all. Dude is one selfish piece of shit lol.

Minor shit that I felt were terrible writing or timing was when they showed the clip between Dushane and the suppliers drinking champagne and smiling/laughing at the end. I was like squeezing my eyes like whaaaaaat?
Nah they could have bodybagged Jamie....but u got to keep him alive for the show....the scene at the end w the CACs makes sense shit is prolly a yr or two down the line...Dushane ain’t got no complaints and getting all the work so they eating

Nah they could have bodybagged Jamie....but u got to keep him alive for the show....the scene at the end w the CACs makes sense shit is prolly a yr or two down the line...Dushane ain’t got no complaints and getting all the work so they eating

Yeah, I know but I would've liked it if they showed some kind of dialogue between both parties after the whole kidnap thing. How you gon' kidnap and threaten to murder then all of a sudden become the best of friends lol.

Minor shit anyway, it wasn't anything huge for me to not look forward to season 2.

Back