Welcome To aBlackWeb

Top 5 Heavyweight Boxers

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
1. Muhammad Ali
2. Larry Holmes
3. George Forman
4/5. Holyfield/Tyson

Tyson in his prime was better than Holyfield in his prime, but when they fought in the 90s Holyfield was clearly better.

How can you have Ali in top 5 but not Joe Frazier..... yall don't know shit about boxing

The way this is worded, it seems as if you're insinuating that Frazier is equal to, or greater than, Ali. Was that your intention?

The way this is worded, it seems as if you're insinuating that Frazier is equal to, or greater than, Ali. Was that your intention?
How can Frazier not be on Ali level when he was his rival it doesn't make sense. The thrills in Manila was a draw until Joe quit first

Last edited:
How can Frazier not be on Ali level when he was his rival it doesn't make sense. The thrills in Manila was a draw until Joe quit first
Ali actually quit first, joes corner wouldn't let joe fight anymore but he was willing

It's hard to say who is best. The problem is that people often characterize fighter ability based on who they beat, but styles make fights. Ali tooled Foreman, Foreman beat the he'll out of Frazier, Frazier beat Ali. You can't say one fighter is as good as another just because he won that fight. He could just be a bad matchup.

It's hard to say who is best. The problem is that people often characterize fighter ability based on who they beat, but styles make fights. Ali tooled Foreman, Foreman beat the he'll out of Frazier, Frazier beat Ali. You can't say one fighter is as good as another just because he won that fight. He could just be a bad matchup.

Yeah, I mean Buster Douglass beat Tyson but Tyson was clearly a better fighter, he just didn't train properly.

I think Tyson would have knocked out Buster Douglass in 1 round if he was 20.

I wouldn't say Tyson was the best, but having seen fight footage of all these names that are being thrown out, to me he had the best skillset by far. I can't think of any other HW that put it all together the way he did. I think his biggest drawback is that he was too dependent on the people around him. When his team changed, he fell off far more than he should have. That's the big difference between him and someone like Ali.

Inside the ropes Tyson was the most popular one and he is arguably the most exciting heavyweight to watch in the history of the sport. The speed, the power, the technique, his super aggressive style, the bobbing and weaving. Tyson also had that "it" factor. Tyson looked the part and he was mean as fuck. Tyson wanted to rip your fucking head of with every single punch. Tyson was larger than life and people looked at him like he was some kind of action figure and when he entered the ring it was like the devil himself came to visit. Tyson had that aura of invincibility and people were concerned he could actually kill his opponents.There's a reason he was considered the baddest man on the planet.

However, Tyson was never as good as his hype. He was a really good one but he wasn't the best of his era. I'd pick both Holyfield and Lewis to beat any version of Tyson. IMO Lewis was the best HW of his generation. Top 5 lists are so difficult. I'll be back with my top 5 list later.

Inside the ropes Tyson was the most popular one and he is arguably the most exciting heavyweight to watch in the history of the sport. The speed, the power, the technique, his super aggressive style, the bobbing and weaving. Tyson also had that "it" factor. Tyson looked the part and he was mean as fuck. Tyson wanted to rip your fucking head of with every single punch. Tyson was larger than life and people looked at him like he was some kind of action figure and when he entered the ring it was like the devil himself came to visit. Tyson had that aura of invincibility and people were concerned he could actually kill his opponents.There's a reason he was considered the baddest man on the planet.

However, Tyson was never as good as his hype. He was a really good one but he wasn't the best of his era. I'd pick both Holyfield and Lewis to beat any version of Tyson. IMO Lewis was the best HW of his generation. Top 5 lists are so difficult. I'll be back with my top 5 list later.

Maybe Holyfield, but not Lennox. Even Lennox admitted that when he beat Tyson he happened to be coming into his prime while Tyson was out of his. If you watch that fight you'll see that Tyson didn't fight the way he did in the past when at a severe reach disadvantage.

Maybe Holyfield, but not Lennox. Even Lennox admitted that when he beat Tyson he happened to be coming into his prime while Tyson was out of his. If you watch that fight you'll see that Tyson didn't fight the way he did in the past when at a severe reach disadvantage.

Lewis has always said he believes he'd beat Tyson no matter when the fight would take place and I agree with that. Lewis is all arong for Tyson.

Lewis has always said he believes he'd beat Tyson no matter when the fight would take place and I agree with that. Lewis is all arong for Tyson.

What competitor isn't going to say that? The point is that his fight with Tyson was competitive and even Lewis admits that he was at his best at the time and Tyson was on the decline. So you have to assume that the fight would go differently if both were at the best. Not only that, but if you look at that fight, you see that Tyson just didn't fight the way he used to fight, and some of the tactics Lewis used probably wouldn't have worked as well. Like Lewis made good use of his jab in the fight and that kept Tyson off of him. If Tyson was actually using his head movement like he did when he was younger, standing back and throwing jabs wouldn't have been as effective.

I saw the Lewis/Tyson fight live when it came on. The very first thing I noticed is that Tyson was throwing jabs and it wasn't working. When he went back to his corner between round 1 and 2 his cornermen should have told him, "your jab doesn't work, try something else". But they didn't tell him and he spent the rest of the fight throwing jabs at Lewis who had a full 13 inch reach advantage.

His trainer should have told him to try uppercuts and hooks, and body blows.

I saw the Lewis/Tyson fight live when it came on. The very first thing I noticed is that Tyson was throwing jabs and it wasn't working. When he went back to his corner between round 1 and 2 his cornermen should have told him, "your jab doesn't work, try something else". But they didn't tell him and he spent the rest of the fight throwing jabs at Lewis who had a full 13 inch reach advantage.

His trainer should have told him to try uppercuts and hooks, and body blows.

Exactly, Tyson just didn't fight a smart fight. Again, that was one of Tyson's weaknesses. He had the GOAT skillset, but he needed a good gameplan and coach to really put it together especially against good comp.

Just look at how Tyson went up against taller fighters in his career. Granted none of them were anywhere near as good as Lewis. The point is Tyson fought them completely differently, and Lewis knows that.

Last edited:
Back