Welcome To aBlackWeb

Top 5 fighters you ever seen

HarryHippie

S/o to @5grand who inspired this thread

I haven’t studied the HWs enough to give a conclusive top 5 but I can do the 5 best fighters I’ve seen. This is about fighters you witnessed or studied enough to speak strongly on.

In no order

Roy Jones Jr(A mutant. His boxing IQ was high, a lot of people get that wrong. He just wasn’t fundamental which came back to bite him. Most gifted man I’ve seen in a ring. Imagine a Charlo who is regarded as a top good fighter trying to fuck with Roy relying on a 1,2 and counterpunching. He defeated two of the top technicians ever in Toney/Hopkins and was too quick to rush

Floyd Mayweather (Opportunist second half of his career to maximize profit. Not the greatest but he’s live with anybody in history. Testament that book smart ain’t the only way to be smart. Causally outthinks his opponents with a subtle pop. My favorite fight and what I call peak Floyd was him against Cotto. He went in there to stop him so he closed distance Damn near from round 1. Cotto tried to be physical with him as best he could and got touched up all night. Surprised Floyd cause Floyd thought he was mentally weaker than he showed. He could’ve coasted from distance to the same wide scores but chose to mix it up and still out classed a Hall of a Famer

Manny Pacquiao (the PED rumors and signs bother me but he ain’t get caught so I ain’t putting it on him. This man started at fly weight and fought as high as 152. Step in the ring with anybody, no hesitation. Dumbbells in his gloves, rapid punches from all angles, footwork. His 147 resume is better than Floyd’s. That’s insane. All time, I possibly rank him ahead of Floyd despite losing to him.

Margarito after this beating looked on his way to breaking Cotto in a rematch eerily similar to the first fight until it was stopped due to a damaged eye from this fight which ultimately retired him despite comeback attempts. 40 pounds above the weight Manny went pro at

Bernard Hopkins(hard to keep him out my top 5, all time great but also an opportunist. Master at taking your best attribute away from you. If you’re not balanced fighter or extremely gifted, he’s going to embarrass you.

My sleeper...... Deontay Wilder( This fool got ancestor power. He descended from giants and carry their strength. I don’t think a HW not named Ali, Foreman, light maybe on Vitali has a chance beating him in a best of 3. Unless you keep your gloves to your face all night, That man is going to touch you clean and it’s going to hurt. You may not get up. If youre short, you gotta avoid that Jab and avoid getting measured for the Thanos snap. I love the science of this shit but dumbed all the way down, it’s about putting hands on somebody.

Fury did more showboating than work in the ring. IDC that Wilder missing, he not being made to pay for iT and he touching Fury in between the missing. For every 2 jabs from Fury, he putting that bang on him. 40-50 lbs heavier in the ring and that man wants no part of the Infinity glove. Fury is impressive, a 6’9 man shouldn’t have that type of wiggle. Wlad ruled the division 10 years and couldn’t put him down, Wilder did it twice

HM: Andre Ward(I took him off last minute for B Hop, couldn’t do it. Credit for tournament run at 168 but a lot of picking and choosing/ non activity afterwards. Just misses the cut. Just didn’t do enough.

Rjj-speed, timing, power, effortless reflexes

Tyson- pure machine. Fast, focused, killer

Mayweather- speed, timing, defense, adjustments. Most fluid fighter ever

sweet pea (rip)- defensive genius, born to be a fighter. Literally could not be touched. And was a devastating counter puncher

Leonard- prolly best mind in the sport. You can literally see him thinking in the ring, and it was almost like he knew something no one else could figure out. Loved watching his fights

Tyson - I saw the Marvis Frazier fight when he knocked Frazier out in 31 seconds.

Foreman - I saw the fight when he beat Michael Moorer for the title.

Holyfield - I missed the first Tyson/Holyfield fight, but I saw the one when Tyson bit his ear.

Sugar Ray/Marvin Hagler - I have them tied. I remember seeing their fight. It was close imo. I don't know why they gave Sugar Ray the decision. I always thought a close fight goes to the champion. You have to really beat down a champion to win a decision.

Also Lennox Lewis. The only fight of his I saw was when he fought an aging Tyson. And he was bigger and had a longer reach. Wasn't much of a fight.

Roy Jones Jr
Mike Tyson
Sugar Ray Leonard
Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Tommy Hitman Hearns

Honorable Mention: Pernell Sweet Pea Whitaker

No order

Ray Leonard
Tommy Hearns
Roy Jones jr
"Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather - "Money" Mayweather was great as well. I like the earlier version better
Pernell Whitaker or James Toney

Back