Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Top 10 movies of the decade

Nah I think it's warranted, other films I got are Get Out and It but AQP was largely independent and was about an actual monster not a psychological fear. I thought it was a breath of fresh air in the sea of child demonic haunted house movies where I always felt that once you've seen one you've seen em all.

And part of it was silent which I thought was also very creative and could have gone wrong. It the movie was apart of a franchise or remake, Get Out can be on there but I wanted AQP given it's about a monster and not a psychological fear.

Slim you just like AQP alot. Nothing wrong w/ that.

But they didn't even bring the monster element back either. Cloverfield, 10 Cloverfield Lane, & Super 8 were a big success b4 AQP.

Cloverfield was trash and so was Super 8 (which I thought was more of a statement to Spielberg films about film making than a horror if anything), 10 Cloverfield Lane was good but I have my criticisms and get why'd you bring it up. I'm not saying it brought back the movie monster, I'm saying it gave mouth to mouth to a dying genre dominated by exorcist and poltergeist wannabes.

Most horror movies focused more on trying to scare you as opposed to trying to create a good movie that just happened to be a horror film. It the movie helped do that but AQP brought back classic elements like pacing, suspense, build up, complete with excellent cinematography, terror and acting. Which is just one aspect. Plus half of it was done in silence which only added to its creep factor and prior to that you never really seen. The silence made you focus on other things non verbal that were occurring. From a physical and psychological aspect AQP was incredible. It also provided social commentary on what it means to be a parent and how to love, abundance (having more than we need), and minimalism. The terror in the film is unsettling and uncomfortable (from the first 10 minutes and onwards), whereas in other films you're almost rooting for it to happen to characters we dont like. AQP was an intellectual horror film that actually worked really well and got its point across.

All this is just what i said in my other post. You really, really like AQP.

It stlll didn't "bring back" the horror genre.

I'm just being objective.

Negro, no you ain't.

I gave you 3 horror flicks that had monsters in it before AQP, and 2 of em you called trash. That's not being objective.

Weather you liked them or not wasn't the point. The point was AQP wasn't doing anything that wasn't done before it. They just did it more to YOUR liking.

Yes I am. I can make a point to every film I put on MY top 10 list. Those movies you brought up weren't as good as AQP. AQP has made many other films of the decade lists not just mine man.

Slim, this is literately an opinion. LOL

Until you can find one with a greater impact than AQP for the decade and explain why, my point stands.

Get Out was just as, if not more, critical praise, just as successful on a small budget, and had far more cultural impact than AQP.

And saying the horror genre was "dying" cause you didn't enjoy the "Hollywood exorcist and poltergeist wannabes." Even tho quite a few was very successful, again is your opinion.

If you felt AQP was "a breath of fresh air" coo. But it didn't revive anything.

I don't understand why of my top 10, do you have a problem with AQP ranked.

Didn't have a problem w/ you listing the film. I'm sure I highlighted the part w/ you claiming it "brought back a dying horror genre". Which is BS.

If you didn't like the one before AQP coo. But saying the genre was"dying" before AQP is bullshit.

The Horror genre at one point was my favorite, and a lot of people feel that since the 90s Horror films have declined. The problem is the art of cinematography has dissipated and people are harder to scare.

This I agree w/. Turn of the century, it was either Saw or nothing but your "Hollywood exorcist and poltergeist wannabes. "

That's way I was pushing back, cause imo, the 2010's had a better representation of the genre w/ both critical and box office success.

If The Conjuring wasn't your cup of tea, there was World War Z, or Get Out, or AQP, or IT.

Back