Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tokyo 2020 Olympics Thread

I see that complaint on the internet every summer Olympics with NBC and how shit they are.

Nothing will beat the BBC coverage of the 2012 Olympics - dedicated channels for every single sport on digital TV. Women's beach volleyball was on constant lock
I didnt watch the BBC coverage then, but im NGL the NBC online coverage for 2012 was GOAT. I guess it was their first time streaming it and it was like how you described the BBC coverage. 24/7 you could scroll the list and watch w/e sport you wanted to, because they all had their own stream. So even if you missed the live, they kept the whole recording up. So you could just rewind it (no matter how many hours) to watch it all over again or to the part you just wanted to see. And they even left up the recordings days after the event was over and the winners were announced .

I thought it was going to be like that always, but boy was i wrong. The next Olympics I went and tried to watch the stream, shit was behind a paywall. If you dont pay for their app or streaming platform you dont see shit.

They are billions in the hole without it. It will probably still be run at a loss but at least it won't be as much of a loss and all their hard work won't have gone to waste. Covid really fucked Tokyo over

All Olympics have run at a loss since 1960.

If you do it properly you can open yourself up to more global trade.

Other than that it's purely about the prestige and putting your country on display.

Back