Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tokyo 2020 Olympics Thread

Alright, time to cop some Nike team USA gear. Might go with the warm up or home soccer jersey. That away joint is not it

Some these Olympics sports could really be mixed.

Archery shooting dressage really don't need a men and women category

I don't know about shooting, but I can see there being somewhat of an advantage for men in archery. Using those bows can actually be taxing and your upper body strength and stamina do come into play, both of which are areas which men are naturally more gifted than women. It's hard to tell really. With sports like track, you're measured in times so it's easy to tell there is a gap in performance. The scoring doesn't allow for quite as easy a way to compare in the shooting sports.

Athletics starts tomorrow
I was wondering

ppl who do track and field or “athletics”…

what do they do the entire time leading up to their events?

I was thinking they come to Tokyo a bit later but then I thought no because of the opening ceremony so they do nothing for almost a week?
I thought maybe they practice but then I thought what if they hurt themselves?

I was wondering

I was thinking they come to Tokyo a bit later but then I thought no because of the opening ceremony so they do nothing for almost a week?
I thought the same thing pre covid the Olympic village is notoriously wild!

I think it's just adapting and training.

I was wondering

I was thinking the same but what would you do after your event is over in like the first week? Do you stay for the rest of the time and just go to other events or do you just leave and go home and skip the closing ceremony?

Damn, yo…

THE RIGHT IS NOW ROOTING AGAINST AMERICA’S OLYMPIC ATHLETES

As American athletes compete on the world stage in the Tokyo Olympics, many on the right aren’t cheering them on. “The collection of whiny, overpaid social justice warriors are very hard to root for,” said Newsmax host Grant Stinchfield, adding that he took “pleasure” in Team USA’s basketball loss this month because of its players’ “woke” politics. “The team is filled with anthem kneelers, and I find it ironic they are willing to put USA across their chests, but in the not-so-distant past, they would kneel for the anthem.” In addition to taking pleasure in the men’s basketball team’s loss, Stinchfield also noted that he found himself “rooting against…Megan Rapinoe and her merry band of America-hating female soccer players.”

Stinchfield’s comments come on the heels of Donald Trump suggesting at a Phoenix rally last weekend that Team USA’s recent loss to Sweden was caused by the progressive politics of its athletes. “Wokeism makes you lose, ruins your mind, and ruins you as a person,” he said. “You become warped. You become demented.” Trump, who goaded the crowd into booing the U.S. women’s soccer team, went on to say that “Americans were happy” about the team’s defeat. (The former president’s son reiterated his father’s comments by heckling Rapinoe in a tweet. “Hey Megan…maybe [it’s] you!” wrote Donald Trump Jr. in response to the soccer player’s criticism of media coverage of women’s sports after her team’s loss.)

Damn, yo…

As American athletes compete on the world stage in the Tokyo Olympics, many on the right aren’t cheering them on. “The collection of whiny, overpaid social justice warriors are very hard to root for,” said Newsmax host Grant Stinchfield, adding that he took “pleasure” in Team USA’s basketball loss this month because of its players’ “woke” politics. “The team is filled with anthem kneelers, and I find it ironic they are willing to put USA across their chests, but in the not-so-distant past, they would kneel for the anthem.” In addition to taking pleasure in the men’s basketball team’s loss, Stinchfield also noted that he found himself “rooting against…Megan Rapinoe and her merry band of America-hating female soccer players.”

Stinchfield’s comments come on the heels of Donald Trump suggesting at a Phoenix rally last weekend that Team USA’s recent loss to Sweden was caused by the progressive politics of its athletes. “Wokeism makes you lose, ruins your mind, and ruins you as a person,” he said. “You become warped. You become demented.” Trump, who goaded the crowd into booing the U.S. women’s soccer team, went on to say that “Americans were happy” about the team’s defeat. (The former president’s son reiterated his father’s comments by heckling Rapinoe in a tweet. “Hey Megan…maybe [it’s] you!” wrote Donald Trump Jr. in response to the soccer player’s criticism of media coverage of women’s sports after her team’s loss.)

I would ask why this hasn't gotten more national coverage. But then why feed into that.

Damn, yo…

Not surprised. This is 'Murica

Back