Welcome To aBlackWeb

to be black is to be compromised in some way, shape or form

That’s where I disagree why we act like it’s no black feminist run organizations or any black lbgqt organizations. Plenty black feminists who do not agree with white people and the same for black gays. But what y’all do is say if they part of this then obviously they anti black in some way?

y’all ever think maybe the pro black movements didn’t embrace all black peoples like it should have? Why else would people need their own groups. Black Christians and black Muslims don’t have to put part of their id in the back because it’s accepted. Why we can except black feminists?( because somebody said feminism destroys the community?)

and see you make it an either/or when literally that’s impossible. It’s a bunch of pro black hotel dudes who don’t even feel women should have periods but nobody saying they holding us back. But if black women and black gays and black men all want different things why can’t they go for them freely.

We keep asking for a forged unity or some weak solidarity. Whatever code y’all want it’s not gonna work because we just want people who don’t make a fuss. Nobody else does this.

Excellent point........good question.

Easy answer:

We simply don't have that luxury.

Mainly because those other groups aren't subject to white supremacy to the same extent as we are.

Well we gotta stop thinking that being black means we can’t be other things. Can’t tell a gay black person to put their sexuality on the back burner. Can’t tell a black woman not to be a feminist if she wants respect for her gender. Are we the only ones who see our race as just political and that if you’re black you cant be xyz?

in the 50s that was cool but we not a monolith. And a lot of black folks feel like if we don’t all think the same we somehow being divided. But we keep believing it. Niggas will believe a black persons is against them easily
Is being black first (B1) monolithic??

What if our 13% of the population put our 13% of the population 1st before any other identifiers??

Would a monolith be so bad? I don't think so. I think we'd make America great

Is being black first (B1) monolithic??

What if our 13% of the population put our 13% of the population 1st before any other identifiers??

Would a monolith be so bad? I don't think so. I think we'd make America great

see y’all keep making this an either or and it’s not. If there was a movement by black women or something why would we assume it’s going to alienate black men or vice versa?

see y’all keep making this an either or and it’s not. If there was a movement by black women or something why would we assume it’s going to alienate black men or vice versa?
Its not about alienation, but again, how have we benefited from ANY subgroups?

Atatiana could've been a conservative Christian feminist but she caught a bullet to the head for appearing to be black, no questions asked. Cop (white supremacy) saw black first. What do we have to lose by being black first?

Its not about alienation, but again, how have we benefited from ANY subgroups?

Atatiana could've been a conservative Christian feminist but she caught a bullet to the head for appearing to be black, no questions asked. Cop (white supremacy) saw black first. What do we have to lose by being black first?

what do we have to lose by embracing our sub groups? Why does their need to be a first? Certain problems the main group isn’t trying to deal with

what do we have to lose by embracing our sub groups? Why does their need to be a first? Certain problems the main group isn’t trying to deal with

Those subgroups don't care about you bruh.

They're only out to advance their own interests.

Which, for the most part, have nothing to do with the black race as a whole.

This really shouldn't be that hard to understand.

what shouldn’t be hard tounderstand is you can be black and more and still be pro black. What y’all are saying is if you’re black gay or black woman or man with things that apply to your group specifically then you not really pro black. And that’s stupid because it’s obviously not working. If it was then their wouldn’t be any movements from these sub groups. You say things like we don’t have the luxury to do xyz. And I’m telling you why nobody takes it serious. Lack of inclusion has been positive how? Foolishness

like i don’t get it. Black feminists and gays ain’t for black gays people is what y’all saying.

Back