Welcome To aBlackWeb

TI and Gucci Debate Over Who Made Trap Muzik

Who Created Trap Muzik

• Total voters
As far as the thread, TI may have had an album called trap muzik but that shit wasnt the trap imo

When I think of trap music

1. Gucci
2. Jeezy
3. T.I

T.I dont have a "Bricks", or a "swing my door"

As far as the thread, TI may have had an album called trap muzik but that shit wasnt the trap imo

When I think of trap music

1. Gucci
2. Jeezy
3. T.I

T.I dont have a "Bricks", or a "swing my door"

Dope Boyz?

I'm not trolling when I say this, honestly I'm not. What is 808's, could you please give me an example? Once again, I am not at all trolling.

Could you give me an example, I've always been a lyrics guy and just appreciated the beats as the assist to good rhymes and never learned the specifics like that.

So when you say the drums in southern beats, ion understand. There's drums in all of hiphop, what's an 808 beat sound like?

I gotcha homie.

I have a Roland TR-808 drum kit on my computer. I uploaded the entire kit to Soundcloud. The Roland TR-808 came out in the early 80s. I think Run DMC was the first rap group to use the 808 kick drum in a song called Together Forever, which came out in 1985.

Anyway, here's the Roland TR-808 drum kit. When people say 808 they mean the deep bass kick that comes in @ 0:11 and 0:18.

Together Forever - Run DMC

Edit.

Here's another mid 80s song that used 808

Knowledge Me - Original Concept Crew

I gotcha homie.

I have a Roland TR-808 drum kit on my computer. I uploaded the entire kit to Soundcloud. The Roland TR-808 came out in the early 80s. I think Run DMC was the first rap group to use the 808 kick drum in a song called Together Forever, which came out in 1985.

Anyway, here's the Roland TR-808 drum kit. When people say 808 they mean the deep bass kick that comes in @ 0:11 and 0:18.

Together Forever - Run DMC

Edit.

Here's another mid 80s song that used 808

Knowledge Me - Original Concept Crew

Oooooooh k...even deeper..so like this

Yeah but Masta Ace just sampled The Original Concept Crew, he didn't actually use a Roland TR-808 drum machine.

The rappers in the 80s actually used the Roland TR-808 drum machine.

1200px-Roland_TR-808_%28large%29.jpg

I find it funny that TIP and Gucci are going back and forth over Trap Music but Zaytoven, Drumma Boy, Mannie Fresh and others actually pioneered the sound of trap music

I find it funny that TIP and Gucci are going back and forth over Trap Music but Zaytoven, Drumma Boy, Mannie Fresh and others actually pioneered the sound of trap music

They're talking subject matter wise. TIP brought it to mainstream/coined the term "Trap Music"

For the sound, Shawty Redd gave it a signature sound.

Back