Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thoughts on Valentine’s Day

Kentucky

Gangster and Gentlemen
Valentine Day is just around the corner and I got question for the Ladies and Fellas...

I know on Valentines you’re S/O and you go out to eat,or you may cook a fire meal for them at home,and enjoy each other’s time.

Ladies, I know most of the time the guy always get flowers or/and some type of gift for you. Do you get a gift for him also? Or do you feel that’s just a special day for you and for him to treat you?

Fellas, do you expect or would like to get a gift also on this day? Or do you feel it’s just a Day for the Ladies and to be treated right?

I bought my ex a gift on Valentine's day but when I was pregnant with our daughter I was always sick so one time I woke up and he had bought me like over a dozen balloons and a huge ass stuffed animal. It is what you make it, it isn't a huge deal to me especially since I haven't celebrated since I was pregnant. Hell, get me balloons..nah get me stuffed animals and cards any day of the year (which he did as well) and I'll be happy. I like things I can hold on to so the smallest simple things matter. I've had mini stuffed bears, cards..all of the stuffed animals of which I still have and I've given to my daughter.

All that shit is trivial. I don't celebrate Valentines cause you might meet someone who always want something different each year

It's a wasted...pointless...redundant...corporate holiday geared towards only to women.

A holiday to con women into thinking THAT particular day is more special than any other days of the week, and he doesn't do anything special for you on that day, then he doesn't care/love you.

To make guys spend money on the same pointless crap each year like candy....flowers...bears that gets piled up somewhere with the other pointless crap in the closet. Then go spend money at the crowded azzz restaurants b/c for some reason, they want you to believe that the food taste a lil better on that day, than any other day.

Only good thing that comes outta Vday is lingerie and gstring. And unless she's trying something different that's out the norm (3sum...4sum...everyone-sum), it's still the same pussy you smashed two nights ago.

This concludes my Vday rant. Good day.

I hate this shit. Giant waste of money....

But I always do it so I dont look like a piece of shit

i dont get my wife shit...

i get her stuff thru out the year...so 1 day is not special.

only day i celebrate consistently is her bday

Damn y’all niggas sound pitiful. What is the harm in buying a gift for your s/o? Before you say “I don’t need a specific day to show my love for my s/o” spare me the bull.

I could be saying this because I’m a gift giver at heart but i love gifting my s/o(when i had one) just to see him smile. How is it a waste of time and money if it’s bringing a smile to someone’s face?

Last edited:
Ladies, do you like if you’re S/O gets you a stuffed animal? Or feel that should have stopped back in High School?

What’s pointless to you may not be pointless them.

Y’all niggas really tripping over small ass gifts? Lmao!

Women spend just the same.
1) most ladies arent looking for small gifts. They looking for dinner dates, flowers, and the whole 9

2) Most men receive little to nothing in return besides pussy we were getting anyway.

If it was more balanced most men wouldnt be tripping at all.
What do you give for Vday kandy?

1) most ladies arent looking for small gifts. They looking for dinner dates, flowers, and the whole 9

2) Most men receive little to nothing in return besides pussy we were getting anyway.

If it was more balanced most men wouldnt be tripping at all.
What do you give for Vday kandy?

1) still not understanding the issue. THATS YOUR GIRL.

2) that’s y’all fault for dealing with women who sorry.

When I was with someone, I’ve bought shoes, Jewelry, gave hundreds, paid for the meal and bought a phone once.

Damn y’all niggas sound pitiful. What is the harm in buying a gift for your s/o? Before you say “I don’t need a specific day to show my love for my s/o” spare me the bull.

I could be saying this because I’m a gift giver at heart but i love gifting my s/o(when i had one) just to him smile. How is it a waste of time and money if it’s bringing a smile to someone’s face?
i do other shit...

sending flowers on the humbug
flirty texts
surprise card in the bag on her work trip
surprise massage appt when she on vacation with her girls
date nights
brunch dates
candle light dinners on the balcony
role playing

all types of shit.

what can valentines day mean when thats done all year?

are am i assuming thats enough?

A nigga wanna do it outta the kindness of his heart, not because corporations tell me I should
I understand. Nobody actually TELLING you should but we know what the holiday represents.

I personally don’t care if I don’t get a gift or not. It’s been times i ain’t celebrate while in a relationship. It really depends on how i feel around the time.

i do other shit...

sending flowers on the humbug
flirty texts
surprise card in the bag on her work trip
surprise massage appt when she on vacation with her girls
date nights
brunch dates
candle light dinners on the balcony
role playing

all types of shit.

what can valentines day mean when thats done all year?

are am i assuming thats enough?
It means just another day of getting something wonderful from a loved one. If you do it through the year, why not add a day?

Back