Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thoughts on couples counseling...

I wouldn’t do it, it’s almost like forcing us to work. If I’m already married to you, yes I’ll fight for that.
Not really forcing if yall acknowledge and need outside help to iron some kinks out. All this is based on if yall seeking marriage soon though. Some pastor's won't marry you unless you do counseling though

Not really forcing if yall acknowledge and need outside help to iron some kinks out. All this is based on if yall seeking marriage soon though. Some pastor's won't marry you unless you do counseling though
wait...what...?
counseling is the opposite of forcing a situation to work

Let me explain better. I’m not going to counseling for a typical boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. I feel like if we got problems that bad at this point, it’s best we go out separate ways and see other people. However, if I’m engaged and we seeking counseling to prepare us for the next steps and I’m for it. Also, if I been married for awhile and we seeking counseling for things outside of him cheating on me, beating on me, etc. Then I’m willing to do it.

I’m not going to couples therapy for a dude I’m just dating.

My ex was talkin about it when we was going thru our rough patch. But she was just talkin rah rah.

I'm cool wit it if she paying. Lol

It will work if you and your partner is willing to work on the relationship
This. Gotta be in it to be committed

If it's a half ditch effect to keep smashing its gonna fail

me and the wife went some years before we got married. best thing we could have done cause everybody don't know how to have a mature disagreement, bring up their feelings and hear somebody out without acting a fool.

Even if yall don't work out, theres bound to be something each of you can learn from at least one session.

My therapist suggested me n the wife do couples counseling. We havent made the leap yet. I she someone and she see someone.

My wife and I come from 2 different worlds. In couples counseling we found out that our view of the others childhood life triggered things in both us. We would argue and argue. In the end separate counseling was much better because we were able to focus on childhood trauma that we had suppressed. Couple counseling will work if u deal with ur personal issues first.

Ur doing the right thing.

Back