Welcome To aBlackWeb

These albums are 20 years old this year. Which ones are your favorites?

The Black Album, Beg For Mercy and Diplomatic Immunity

GRODT had better singles, but I always thought Beg For Mercy was a better album.

Iā€™m actually surprised it took this long for someone to mention this album.

even though i donā€™t listen to him very much these days or listen to his podcast, I can definitely say that this was one of my most anticipated albums of that year. Coulda/shoulda been better but Joe delivered some very solid songs on this debut.
Pump It Up was everywhere. Admittedly Joe was right about me not liking Fire but Focus was hard so i had to check it out. Label influence was obvious at some points but tlike you said some very solid joints. (Calm Down, 10 Minutes, She Wanna Know were standouts for me)

Last edited:
I was 20-21 that year.......

I went to the club to either party or bounce like 5 nights out the week. Shit was one of the livest points of my life.

Black album was my absolute favorite that year hands down

50 album was huge, and the only reason I had trouble enjoying 50 when he first came out that year... Was cuz I thought he was trying to hard to be like pac. I ended up appreciating 50 later on... But '03 I was hating, cuz I felt he was trying too hard. And thought g-unit was over rated. I still think yayo, banks & game over rated.

Buck oddly enough I was cool with.

I was definitely team roc, which extended to dipset....

Whatever my 4 disc rotation was in 2003... I'm fairly certain it was mostly Roca fella 90% if the time

This record was slept on also....

Beautiful was the most popular on the album, but I think it's goated based off this

Snoop x Primo

Fire album but that was 2002... That Premo track is mad underrated too, Snoop snapped on it...

It was after that album Snoop started slipping becoming abit corny imo... When he did 'Pimp Slap'd' diss to Suge I remember me and my boys like OOOHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

Lakers, Oh Snap! - Reaction GIFs

Fire album but that was 2002... That Premo track is mad underrated too, Snoop snapped on it...

It was after that album Snoop started slipping becoming abit corny imo... When he did 'Pimp Slap'd' diss to Suge I remember me and my boys like OOOHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

Lakers, Oh Snap! - Reaction GIFs

Damn I forgot thought it was 03

Back