Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix The Witcher (Season 3, Volume 2)

Shit's gonna get wild when netflix has to turn over actual viewership data to court advertisers. I don't think they want that "how much money have you actually be laundering" smoke.

Scheduling conflict because of him going back to play Superman?

That's going to be weird

That's the most popular theory. However, I've also read that Cavill wanted the role because he's a huge fan of the Witcher books. He's apparently been trying to get the writers to let him play Geralt's character more like he's portrayed in the books, but apparently some of the writers don't even like the books or games. Those creative differences may have something to do with Cavill leaving.

That's the most popular theory. However, I've also read that Cavill wanted the role because he's a huge fan of the Witcher books. He's apparently been trying to get the writers to let him play Geralt's character more like he's portrayed in the books, but apparently some of the writers don't even like the books or games. Those creative differences may have something to do with Cavill leaving.
I didn't know he was portrayed differently from the games and books. I was under the impression people liked the current version

I didn't know he was portrayed differently from the games and books. I was under the impression people liked the current version

I've never read the books or played the games. Apparently, in the games he's more stoic and somewhat like how the Netflix series portrays him, but in the books he's more talkative and thoughtful. He's basically part warrior and part philosopher.

I've never read the books or played the games. Apparently, in the games he's more stoic and somewhat like how the Netflix series portrays him, but in the books he's more talkative and thoughtful. He's basically part warrior and part philosopher.
That's what you have to deal with when showrunners and writers decide to do their own version on something that has a whole source history to it. A movie or show gets made because the book is popular but they want to change it lol

Reactions: GNS
That's what you have to deal with when showrunners and writers decide to do their own version on something that has a whole source history to it. A movie or show gets made because the book is popular but they want to change it lol

True. There's nothing inherently wrong with change things up a bit to fit a transition to a different media, but I can understand why NetFlix would hire writers that don't even like the source material. That's a recipe for disaster.

True. There's nothing inherently wrong with change things up a bit to fit a transition to a different media, but I can understand why NetFlix would hire writers that don't even like the source material. That's a recipe for disaster.
That is strange and doesn't make sense so I'm hesitant to think that rumor is true

Back