Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
The big debate is, who was in the right, Avon or Stringer?

Overall, Avon was the one who fucked up the movement. I will say Stringer should've handled D'angelo differently, but his hands were tied at that point.

My biggest question mark about Stringer is, why did he try to set up the bowtie nigga to begin with? I never understood that move.​

Stringer had a deal with Prop Joe that the Barksdale crew would get Joe's good drugs in exchange for Joe's people selling at the towers. Brother Mouzone was stopping Prop Joe's people from selling at the towers so Stringer got rid of Mouzone by letting Omar do the dirty work.

I remember String went to jail and talked to Avon about gettin more muscle and Avon got Mouzone to come down to NY, but damn, he played that terribly.

But again, that was Avon being too stubborn to see that controlling the turf doesn't mean shit when u have no product. If he was ok'd the move with Joe, none of that shit would've went down.

Stringer was out of pocket, D'Angelo took those years. D's mother talked to him and he accepted that time for her so I don't think he would have flipped. When Avon called him a pussy Stringer's pride got in the way and admitted to killing D'Angelo that Avon had to get rid of him. Then he goes and turn informant on Avon so Stringer was in the wrong about everything.

But by the time Stringer turned informant, Avon had already set up Stringer with Omar

At first I don't think Avon was going to kill Stringer but then D'Angelo's mother started asking questions and then Mouzone was putting pressure on him talking about cutting him off from the NY package so Avon had to do it. After you tell a nigga you killed their family that loyalty shit goes out the window.

It was going to be giving up Stringer or your organization going down because you have no product to sell.

tumblr_mv10egUfmF1qdato8o3_250.gif
tumblr_mv10egUfmF1qdato8o2_250.gif

tumblr_mv10egUfmF1qdato8o1_250.gif
tumblr_mv10egUfmF1qdato8o4_250.gif

tumblr_mv10egUfmF1qdato8o5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mv10egUfmF1qdato8o6_r2_250.gif

At first I don't think Avon was going to kill Stringer but then D'Angelo's mother started asking questions and then Mouzone was putting pressure on him talking about cutting him off from the NY package so Avon had to do it. After you tell a nigga you killed their family that loyalty shit goes out the window.

It was going to be giving up Stringer or your organization going down because you have no product to sell.

I hear u. But do u feel Avon should've took the deal Joe offered? That was the decision that began the domino effect.

I hear u. But do u feel Avon should've took the deal Joe offered? That was the decision that began the domino effect.
That would have been the smart move but Avon's pride and hatred of those east side niggas wouldn't allow him to do it. Accepting that deal would have made Prop Joe The King of Baltimore no matter how much money would have been made Avon couldn't let nobody be king while he's still in the game.

I always favored Stringer's angle, he had the bigger picture & was really trying to create an empire. They could've been getting drug money from a much bigger regional influence, while being disconnected from the streets with the legal business ends. Avon just wanted them corners. Stringer bit off more than he could chew with the Clay Davis project though.

I remember String went to jail and talked to Avon about gettin more muscle and Avon got Mouzone to come down to NY, but damn, he played that terribly.

But again, that was Avon being too stubborn to see that controlling the turf doesn't mean shit when u have no product. If he was ok'd the move with Joe, none of that shit would've went down.

Nah it wasn't about getting muscle, it was Stringer trying to get Avon to come up with a better connect. Then String came at Avon w/ the Prop Joe shit and he shot it down. So Stringer went behind Avon's back and did it anyway, word back to Avon and he sent Brother to handle it.

As far as D'Angelo I ain't got a problem w/ how he dealt w/ that. Cuz if it was anybody else (see Lil' Man, and Wallace) Avon wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought about taking him out to cover their asses.

Nah it wasn't about getting muscle, it was Stringer trying to get Avon to come up with a better connect. Then String came at Avon w/ the Prop Joe shit and he shot it down. So Stringer went behind Avon's back and did it anyway, word back to Avon and he sent Brother to handle it.

As far as D'Angelo I ain't got a problem w/ how he dealt w/ that. Cuz if it was anybody else (see Lil' Man, and Wallace) Avon wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought about taking him out to cover their asses.

When avon shot it down, stringer went to avon's sister and got her to talk to avon and tell him the product and the muscle is weak, which made avon call for brother bowtie.

It was an overall lack of communication between Stringer and Avon.

One hand didn't know what the other was doing.

Stringer went behind Avon's back and made a deal with Prop Joe.

Avon........not knowing this.........brings in Brother Mouzone to protect his territory.

Fucked up on Stringer's part to try and kill Mouzone to cover up the dysfunction in the Barksdale organization.

Mouzone told Avon as much in the barbershop when he said :

"The inner workings of your organization don't concern me." (or something to that effect)

Stringer didn't tell Mouzone about the deal with Prop Joe because he knew that word would get back to Avon.

Then he got overconfident when he thought he could use Omar to kill Mouzone.

All because he didn't want Avon to know about the deal he made with Prop Joe.

Basically, Avon was too hard-headed..........and Stringer tried to be too clever for his own good.

Back