Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

There's a girl that was buying drugs in Hamsterdam and she was in two more scenes. The second it shows her as a prostitute in the next season clearly she hit rock bottom. The third scene was the finale she's shown at Bubbles last meeting in the crowd. Those three small appearances shows her starting on the drugs, a fiend doing anything to get the drugs and finally her getting clean.

Yo How did y'all feel about Hamsterdam? Like if it happened in your neighborhood. I would of thought that shit would work over here

Chess was a big thing on this show and it showed in the scene where Bodie was killed

Chris and Snoop were bishops, they came diagonally

The dude who killed Bodie was a knight, he came out the cut and turned in an L shape

Bodie was a pawn, they can't move backwards and in that scene Bodie didn't retreat

There's a girl that was buying drugs in Hamsterdam and she was in two more scenes. The second it shows her as a prostitute in the next season clearly she hit rock bottom. The third scene was the finale she's shown at Bubbles last meeting in the crowd. Those three small appearances shows her starting on the drugs, a fiend doing anything to get the drugs and finally her getting clean.

No matter how many times I watch the series, it's always something new that catches my attention.

Last time I watched it, I noticed Donette (D'Angelo's babymama) and her son eating at a homeless shelter in Season 5.

Shit bugged me out because I was surprised I hadn't noticed it before.

No matter how many times I watch the series, it's always something new that catches my attention.

Last time I watched it, I noticed Donette (D'Angelo's babymama) and her son eating at a homeless shelter in Season 5.

What episode in season 5

It was either one of those episodes where that dude Scott was visiting the homeless or the series finale during that montage

wee-bey.gif

Never noticed that

What episode in season 5

I think it was the 7th or 8th episode.

It was definitely near the end of the season, but not the season finale.

Come to think of it, it may have been the episode where the shady reporter went to visit a homeless shelter.

Come to think of it, it may have been the episode where the shady reporter went to visit a homeless shelter.
bout to watch it when i get home

It was either one of those episodes where that dude Scott was visiting the homeless or the series finale during that montage

word

it's exactly the same lol

Nah, I said I know it wasn't the season finale.

You said it might've been.

Also, I narrowed it down to near the end of the season.

You didn't estimate when the episode occurred.

Similar, but not the same.

But by the time Stringer turned informant, Avon had already set up Stringer with Omar

Here's the thing that some people missed. The set up Avon put on Stringer wasn't out of revenge for D'Angelo, but his rep. (Of course D'Angelo getting killed probably made his decision a little easier.) Remember Brother Mouzone told Avon that the reason he's giving him a chance to give up Stringer was because of his word and reputation. He implied that if he didn't act as the stand up gangster, he was going to go back to New York and tell EVERYONE that he was not honorable. That would mean that NO ONE would deal with him in the future, and it's a possible "green light" on The Barksdales. Even though at that point Avon, and Stringer were getting the best product from Prop Joe & The Co-op (courtesy of Spiros and The Greek) there is no telling how bad it would have got for The Barkdales, and that is IF Avon would have gotten out of being kidnapped and tortured by Omar and Brother Mouzone first. (Omar confirms that was the plan to Stringer Bell before he was killed if Avon refused to give up Stringer.) Here are the recaps:

Avon and Brother

Avon and string were a two headed monster.

Either one of them could have been more successful with the other out of the way. That's what makes this a debate.

Avon recognized Marlo for what he was. Avon also had a line with the Greeks. He never needed prop Joe. Never

If Avon was allowed to do things his way, or had a #2 who was meant to be a #2 he would have been fine. Dude was very close to wiping Avon out when he got caught. His bankroll was higher. Them Niggaz had grenades and rocket launchers. Shit was bout to be dumb. And Avon would have eventually used his connects for a better product. His way was street. He embraced who he was. He was going to rule just the Westside off Baltimore forever, and that was cool with him.

But just like Marlo wasn't meant to play the son, string wasn't meant to be a #2.

Poetic Justice got him screwed with Clay. 10 times outta 10 string either makes that deal, or it eventually comes into fruition. String knew how to grow the money, he just didn't care about corners. He might have struggled, but dude would have gotten it together eventually. His move to kill Avon was stupid though. Cops love showing names on paper. No matter how you look at it, stringer name on that paper was a death sentence. But at the same time, no Avon stringer would have been free to grow the money.

Avon had the line to the Greeks because of Stringer, who teamed up Prop Joe to form The Co-op. Avon was getting his product from NYC originally. When Avon got arrested and put in prison for his 7 year bid (which he only did 2 years) Avon's plug and some of his associates got indicted right after that, and they felt Avon was snitching, so they ceased doing business with Avon, and Stringer which started this whole thing of finding a new connect in Atlanta and they were getting terrible product, which forced Stringer's hand to deal with Joe.

Last edited:
Chess was a big thing on this show and it showed in the scene where Bodie was killed

Chris and Snoop were bishops, they came diagonally

The dude who killed Bodie was a knight, he came out the cut and turned in an L shape

Bodie was a pawn, they can't move backwards and in that scene Bodie didn't retreat

I was rooting for Bodie to become the king. And he was almost there until his man Lex brought down his empire with this dumb ass move:

Back