Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

Yet he was still the go through for the Greek once Joe was gone.

Not another east side dude.

Not anyone else in the little co-op

It was immediately Avon. There was some previous relationship. Y'all just refuse to see thru the lines bcuz I pointed it out

Marlo did need that cosign before the greek would work with him and Avon only did it as a fuck you to the east side and he got something out of it, money for his sister.

Lets play your way. Avon kills Joe, who gives Avon the cosign to get the Greeks to work with him. The Greeks wasn't just working with anyone.

the only reason marlo rose was because avon didnt have the full support of stringer.

stringer could have still had legit businesses and still stood his ground as a street dude. he was too busy taking his eyes of the threat because of his own selfish ambitions.

he needed to dead the threat to move unto the next level.

avon eventually was by himself. his man he trusted fucked shit up and he was trying to clean up but still fighting inhouse, his comp and the cops.

and the fact he still standing says alot about him.

how strong was marlo without chris and snoop?

Avon had the respect of most people.

The problem is this whole discussion is based on assumptions. Only reason he had a line to the greeks is because he was locked with Boris.. so only as a result of the fall out with String. It’s not farfetched to say his rep would’ve got that connect either way, but it’s a baseless assumption. That connect could’ve went to someone else that had ties with Joe instead.

I have to rewatch because it was lost to me how they lost a connect. I know the towers got knocked & Avon got locked but how did String lose the product?

He didn't need Joe, he just needed Joe dead. As soon as Marlo killed Joe, Avon was next up. If he was not in jail it would have been the same. Only difference is he would have to eliminate Marlo too.

But with both of them out the way, there's no way Avon doesn't get the Greek

Nah, Avon only got the connect because he linked up with Sergei when he was locked up.

Ironically, he actually had Marlo to thank for that.

If Marlo had never reached out to Sergei, Sergei would've never reached out to Avon.......and the Greeks would've never been on Avon's radar.

The problem is this whole discussion is based on assumptions. Only reason he had a line to the greeks is because he was locked with Boris.. so only as a result of the fall out with String. It’s not farfetched to say his rep would’ve got that connect either way, but it’s a baseless assumption. That connect could’ve went to someone else that had ties with Joe instead.

I have to rewatch because it was lost to me how they lost a connect. I know the towers got knocked & Avon got locked but how did String lose the product?

If I remember correctly they thought Avon was a snitch because he got that light sentence so people didn't want to fuck with him

Fam ur theory is hypothetical even

that was never established

Yeah, most of what @King Du is saying is just speculation.

Going by what actually transpired on the show, Sergei was the link that gave Avon access to the Greeks.

On top of that, once Marlo met with Avon and gave his sister $100,000........the connect was Marlo's; not Avon's

Otherwise, Slim Charles, Fat-Faced Rick........and all the other CO-OP players would've had to pay Avon $10 million for the connect; not Marlo.

Basically, since they didn't have to go through Avon to get the with the Greeks......Avon never really had that Connect to begin with.

Last edited:

they never implied or mentioned who Avon was getting work from. I know a few times, they showed them cutting it with baking soda heavy trying to rebrand it as something else, but whoever they was getting work from apparently wasnt matching what the Greeks were giving Joe on the East side. The fiends started going to the east side once they realized how weak Avon's product was in comparison.

Yeah, most of what @King Du is saying is just speculation.

Basically, since they didn't have to go through Avon to get the with the Greeks......Avon never really had that Connect to begin with.

But Avon didn't have access to the Greeks per se. He was just close to Boris who had access to the Greeks. That's why Marlo had to pay Avon to convince Boris to sit down w/ him, so that Marlo could convince Boris to convince the Greeks to a sit down w/ him (Marlo).

Last edited:

Beginning of Season 2.

When Avon got locked up, their previous Connect thought he snitched......so they stopped doing business with him.

It was alluded to when Bodie and Shamrock went to that body shop to pick up the product and it wasn't there:

There was a scene where Stringer met with the lawyers for their Connect, but I couldn't find it on Youtube.

they never implied or mentioned who Avon was getting work from. I know a few times, they showed them cutting it with baking soda heavy trying to rebrand it as something else, but whoever they was getting work from apparently wasnt matching what the Greeks were giving Joe on the East side. The fiends started going to the east side once they realized how weak Avon's product was in comparison.

Yeah they did, it was some dude in NY named Roberto or something like that. Avon And Brianna mention it at the end of season 1 when everybody was getting popped.

its because Roberto more than likely got pooped after D Angelo s stupid ass copped the work then got rolled on in Jersey

000.gif

RIP Reg E. Cathey aka Norman Wilson the most underrated character on the Wire.

Back