Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

I didn’t finish the season yet. But it is

It still could be your favorite but it’s not better than season 1 and it’s Nowhere near as intricate as season 2 and You can maybe say it’s as good as season 3 (which was a tad bit of a mess at times)

The first half of the season is a intro to all these kids and carcetti’s mayoral run

Show forces you to try to care about characters in a way they didn’t have to before because there’s no Avon, no stringer, and no mcnulty in the capacity he was in in previous seasons.

I can’t give a more specific breakdown because I ain’t finish but watching this for the 4th time this has went from the first or 2nd best season to the 4th

Man, season 4 was like the Illmatic of The Wire

Nothing but barz

Season 4 is the best season....what the Wire does best is focuses on themes ( prolly not the right word) instead of characters ( something that ruins shows see for example Power)

season 4 focuses on how niggas end up becoming those perpetual characters in the game....

That newspaper shit brought 5 all the way down. I could live with everything else in season 5 to put it ahead of 2

I’m at the end of season 2

I always feel bad for how Frank Sabotka ended up

Avon shouldn’t have been as stubborn with giving up the territory to Prop Joe and the east side

Stringer just showed he was a weasel with most of his moves in season 2 even though I think his deal with Prop Joe was the right thing to do.

tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o1_r2_400.gifv
tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o2_r2_400.gifv

tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o3_r3_400.gifv
tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o4_r2_400.gifv

tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o5_r3_400.gifv
tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o6_r2_400.gifv

tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o7_r3_400.gifv
tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o8_r3_400.gifv

tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o9_r4_400.gifv
tumblr_pwxf6plR411qa9qc7o10_r2_400.gifv

Ending season 3

I forgot Avon and the whole crew had the drop on Marlo, Chris & Snoop when they got raided.

I understood Stringers ambition but yeah he made a lot of wrong and unnecessary moves that got him killed and a lot of people fucked over in the end

Just pieced together that in Season 4 after Cuddy takes him and spider to see some boxing

Michael gets out the car early when Dennis was dropping them off cuz he didn’t trust older men cuz he was abused as a kid

Thought they only hinted at that when Bugs dad came home

Just pieced together that in Season 4 after Cuddy takes him and spider to see some boxing

Michael gets out the car early when Dennis was dropping them off cuz he didn’t trust older men cuz he was abused as a kid

Thought they only hinted at that when Bugs dad came home
I thought at first that Mike didn't want Cutty to see his mom since Cutty was running through everyone's mom

Wood Harris & Idris Elba are much better actors than anybody in Marlo’s crew

Season 4 still the best but as far as the street shit, and how they interact with police.... it was a lot more interesting seasons 1-3.

About to finish season 5

yeah this the worst season

it’s still good but yeah

It’s seasons:

Also Chris didn’t take it personally about Bug’s dead because he was molested growing up like Micheal but simply because Chris loves his family and his kids

I’m listening to van jones and jemelle hill recap the series...never noticed Kenard is in this scene saying it’s his turn to be Omar

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Back