Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

You dudes can sit and scream until your last breath but your opinion are a very small minority. You know the shit is trash if people saying it's worse than season 5

Trash compared to the other 4 seasons or trash compared to other shows?

They just wanted a whole show of niggas hustling and shooting each other. That season showed how they fuck black over IMO. White people ship all the drugs and guns over here. Sell it to black people and the injustice system locks black people up for drugs and guns and let white people skate off free or with a slap on the wrist.

Just short minded folks looking for the most basic entertainment. Season 2 for those who didn't know that side of the game made them have to think a lil bit and most folks don't want to do that when watching tv. Especially those who thought the wire was just going to be some baltimore new jack city shit.

tenor.gif

Sopranos is by far better than The Wire and it shouldn't be a debate

S3 - Average at best
S4 - Trash
S5 - Saved by the great Steve Buscemi. Wasn't for him another trash season
S6 1 & 2 - Let's just say I've seen snails move that were more entertaining then these 2 fuckn seasons.

Wifey never watched it so I'm finally putting her on. We just finished season 1 and it's amazing how my attitude is different now than it was when I was 17. I completely see now why Wallace had to get clapped and that nigga brought that shit on himself.

Wifey never watched it so I'm finally putting her on. We just finished season 1 and it's amazing how my attitude is different now than it was when I was 17. I completely see now why Wallace had to get clapped and that nigga brought that shit on himself.

Yea, after talking to the cops you can't come back trying to work again

Do you respect the security guard who died confronting Marlo over a 10 cent sucker from a Chinese corner store ?

Not at all.

It was foolish.

Dude had a wife and kids, and his actions caused his kids to lose their father..........and made his wife a widow.

Probably put them in a worse financial situation due to a loss of income as well.

Based on the convo they had, he knew Marlo's reputation.......knew what he was capable of........yet, he still chose to step to him...........over a lollipop.

Perfect example of "picking the wrong hill to die on."

Last edited:
I gotta say that the show feels different after season 3 without the presence of the Barksdale crew and with the introduction of the boys/school kids.

Not at all.

It was foolish.

Dude had a wife and kids, and his actions caused his kids to lose their father..........and made his wife a widow.

Probably put them in a worse financial situation due to a loss of income as well.

Based on the convo they had, he knew Marlo's reputation.......knew what he was capable of........yet, he still chose to step to him...........over a lollipop.

It's fucked up that dude died but I see where he was coming from

Not at all.

It was foolish.

I hate to agree with this line of thinking but this post is correct.

Everybody has to pick and choose their battles in life because if you don't you will always be fighting and it can become hard to gain true allies because most will think you have romanticized becoming a martyr over your causes.

I hate to agree with this post because Marlo's actions were a blatant show of disrespect to that man and his livelihood. The guard didn't even approach Marlo disrespectfully which made it even crazier that Marlo had him killed. Not beat up..........but KILLED!!!

But that is why @deadeye post makes sense.

I hate to agree with this post because Marlo's actions were a blatant show of disrespect to that man and his livelihood.

This is why the "you want it one way" convo with Marlo and the guard was so important.

I can understand how Marlo's actions could be seen as blatant disrespect to the security guard.

However, if you look at that scene again...........you'll notice that the security guard was eyeballing Marlo as soon as he walked in the store.

Basically looking at him like he thought he was gonna steal something.

Marlo picked up on that and decided to steal something just to spite him.

If dude hadn't been looking at him like that he probably wouldn't have done it.

So, when the guard approached Marlo because he felt disrespected...........Marlo countered with the "you want it one way" angle because he felt like the guard was doing the same thing that he accused Marlo of doing.

Basically, Marlo was telling the guard that he was a hypocrite for being upset at him for being disrespectful.........when, in fact, he was being just as disrespectful to Marlo by looking at him like he was a criminal as soon as he walked in the store.

Related gifs:

Marlo you want it to be one way clip.gif

Marlo but it's the other way clip.gif

Back