OPINION The Wire - A Hindsight Discussion

Goldie

Hard Work + Patience
R.I.P NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$216,744,974
Immunity
The big debate is, who was in the right, Avon or Stringer?

Overall, Avon was the one who fucked up the movement. I will say Stringer should've handled D'angelo differently, but his hands were tied at that point.

My biggest question mark about Stringer is, why did he try to set up the bowtie nigga to begin with? I never understood that move.​

Goldie

Hard Work + Patience
R.I.P NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$216,744,974
Immunity
I remember String went to jail and talked to Avon about gettin more muscle and Avon got Mouzone to come down to NY, but damn, he played that terribly.

But again, that was Avon being too stubborn to see that controlling the turf doesn't mean shit when u have no product. If he was ok'd the move with Joe, none of that shit would've went down.

Chi-town B

Prominent Member
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$334,833,654
Stringer was out of pocket, D'Angelo took took those years. D's mother talked to him and he accepted that time for her so I don't think he would have flipped. When Avon called him a pussy Stringer's pride got in the way and admitted to killing D'Angelo that Avon had to get rid of him. Then he goes and turn informant on Avon so Stringer was in the wrong about everything.

Goldie

Hard Work + Patience
R.I.P NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$216,744,974
Immunity
But by the time Stringer turned informant, Avon had already set up Stringer with Omar

Chi-town B

Prominent Member
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$334,833,654
At first I don't think Avon was going to kill Stringer but then D'Angelo's mother started asking questions and then Mouzone was putting pressure on him talking about cutting him off from the NY package so Avon had to do it. After you tell a nigga you killed their family that loyalty shit goes out the window.

It was going to be giving up Stringer or your organization going down because you have no product to sell.

Goldie

Hard Work + Patience
R.I.P NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$216,744,974
Immunity
At first I don't think Avon was going to kill Stringer but then D'Angelo's mother started asking questions and then Mouzone was putting pressure on him talking about cutting him off from the NY package so Avon had to do it. After you tell a nigga you killed their family that loyalty shit goes out the window.

It was going to be giving up Stringer or your organization going down because you have no product to sell.

I hear u. But do u feel Avon should've took the deal Joe offered? That was the decision that began the domino effect.

Reactions: BDP™️

BDP™️

Guapo Diablo
ABW's Most Respectful Poster
ABW Survivor Season 1 Winner
Jan 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$233,291,216
If Avon takes the Prop Joe deal...does that stop the rise of Marlo? Or was that destined to happen regardless given that Marlo was a lot more savage and didnt play by the rules per say

Chi-town B

Prominent Member
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$334,833,654
I hear u. But do u feel Avon should've took the deal Joe offered? That was the decision that began the domino effect.
That would have been the smart move but Avon's pride and hatred of those east side niggas wouldn't allow him to do it. Accepting that deal would have made Prop Joe The King of Baltimore no matter how much money would have been made Avon couldn't let nobody be king while he's still in the game.

Sage Wonder

project of the inner pride process
Dec 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$1,443,746
I always favored Stringer's angle, he had the bigger picture & was really trying to create an empire. They could've been getting drug money from a much bigger regional influence, while being disconnected from the streets with the legal business ends. Avon just wanted them corners. Stringer bit off more than he could chew with the Clay Davis project though.

Revolver Ocelot

Prominent Member
Bride's Alimony
Feb 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$11,281,901
I remember String went to jail and talked to Avon about gettin more muscle and Avon got Mouzone to come down to NY, but damn, he played that terribly.

But again, that was Avon being too stubborn to see that controlling the turf doesn't mean shit when u have no product. If he was ok'd the move with Joe, none of that shit would've went down.
Nah it wasn't about getting muscle, it was Stringer trying to get Avon to come up with a better connect. Then String came at Avon w/ the Prop Joe shit and he shot it down. So Stringer went behind Avon's back and did it anyway, word back to Avon and he sent Brother to handle it.

As far as D'Angelo I ain't got a problem w/ how he dealt w/ that. Cuz if it was anybody else (see Lil' Man, and Wallace) Avon wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought about taking him out to cover their asses.

Goldie

Hard Work + Patience
R.I.P NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$216,744,974
Immunity
Nah it wasn't about getting muscle, it was Stringer trying to get Avon to come up with a better connect. Then String came at Avon w/ the Prop Joe shit and he shot it down. So Stringer went behind Avon's back and did it anyway, word back to Avon and he sent Brother to handle it.

As far as D'Angelo I ain't got a problem w/ how he dealt w/ that. Cuz if it was anybody else (see Lil' Man, and Wallace) Avon wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought about taking him out to cover their asses.
When avon shot it down, stringer went to avon's sister and got her to talk to avon and tell him the product and the muscle is weak, which made avon call for brother bowtie.

Reactions: HarryHippie

deadeye

49yr old teen hood god
Dec 25, 2017
the future of a time long past
ABW Bucks
$1,702,396

It was an overall lack of communication between Stringer and Avon.

One hand didn't know what the other was doing.

Stringer went behind Avon's back and made a deal with Prop Joe.

Avon........not knowing this.........brings in Brother Mouzone to protect his territory.

Fucked up on Stringer's part to try and kill Mouzone to cover up the dysfunction in the Barksdale organization.

Mouzone told Avon as much in the barbershop when he said :

"The inner workings of your organization don't concern me." (or something to that effect)

Stringer didn't tell Mouzone about the deal with Prop Joe because he knew that word would get back to Avon.

Then he got overconfident when he thought he could use Omar to kill Mouzone.

All because he didn't want Avon to know about the deal he made with Prop Joe.

Basically, Avon was too hard-headed..........and Stringer tried to be too clever for his own good.

Elzo69Renaissance

Captain of Team X-Bladez
2018 Wackest Poster of the Year
Dec 27, 2017
ABW Bucks
$18,972,925
Avon wasn't hard headed just never adjusted to the game .... Old school nigga in a new world