Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lou Cypher

The Tokin' White Guy

Has anybody been watching this show? Its a new limited series on HBO. I dont want to give too much details out about it, but its kind of a Mystery show, i dont want to call it a murder mystery just yet.

The show follows 3 different guests at the resort "The White Lotus" in Hawaii. One is an elderly woman there to spread her mothers ashes in the ocean, she appears to be well off and a bit nuts and filled with anxiety.

A newlywed couple starting their honeymoon. The husband comes from a wealthy family the wife is a modest living new journalist who doesnt relate to the lifestyle too much.

The final guests are a wealthy successful business woman and her family.

Without giving too much away, the first episode informs you that someone has just died at the resort. You then go back to when all of these people are arriving at the resort and so far each episode gives a little backstory on all of the guests as well as some of the employees at the resort.

The show isnt one of the best shows ive ever seen but for whatever reason I cant stop watching it with the way they are building up the story. Shit is kind of wild and starting to get tense. Its got some funny moments in it as well.

Really just wanted to see if anyone else was watching and had any theories on who the dead person is. If you havent watched it yet, check it out! Theres only 4 episodes released so far. There will be 6 episodes for the whole series.

I've been watching it (duh, of course lol).

I've only watched the 1st 3 episodes tho. Its meh af imo. Can barely stay awake.

But on based on what u were hinting. Im guessin it picks up in ep 4.

Im curious to kno how old the lil white girls friend is irl. Cuz no pedo...uh. ya kno.

Will watch later tho.

Last edited:
Ah i see, the show will be kind of like an anthology series. The second season is supposed to feature a new cast of guests at a different White Lotus property.

:lol10:

HA!!!!!!

episodes 5 and 6 were crazy!!

Really, really good show. Classic HBO.

Funny, topical, suspenseful, interesting, introspective...everything.

Basically white privilege and colonialism in the hotel/service industry

Does Alexandra daddario show her titties? They were goat in true detective. Sat nice.

If you can recall which season and episode was this?

Crazy cause I watched True Detective and don't remember which is a shame on my part!

If you can recall which season and episode was this?

Crazy cause I watched True Detective and don't remember which is a shame on my part!

One of the first 2 episodes of season 1. She was woody's side piece.

Back