Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW The Weeknd - After Hours Album

cd67eca2ad8110f5bda65c399f0b0ea2713e4456.gifv

Listening now. Almost done but so far it's good. Even though it's more 80s pop-ish ) than his other albums, the majority of tracks are listenable. Not many skip worthy tracks on the album. Could just drive all night listening to this album. Tough work by him.

I have to listen to this album about 4 more times before I give it a good review.

I don't know if it's me... but this album is like rated PG-13 for the most part.

Seems like a lot of yall don't care much about this album lol.

In Your Eyes is a beautiful track, that sax at the end tho...

giphy.gif

H
Listening now. Almost done but so far it's good. Even though it's more 80s pop-ish ) than his other albums, the majority of tracks are listenable. Not many skip worthy tracks on the album. Could just drive all night listening to this album. Tough work by him.
Sad part was the 80s pop shit is what had me even more hyped, shit didn't deliver on that side either.

the album fell apart for me after blinding lights

too late and escape from LA are probably my favorite non-singles, but like some one else said...this album lacks any standout tracks as well as replay value

weeknd has been dropping heat since 2011 so i guess he was due for a meh project

I feel like the album is missing something. Or maybe it's me, but what is presented to us doesn't mesh with the title 'after hours'.

I'm an 80s baby... I grew up to hearing about and even checking a couple of 'after hour' spots locally and in other cities/towns. Crazy shit be popping off in them spots for the most part.

The marketing and promo behind the whole roll out really had me thinking that this would be his darkest, vulgar, drug worshipping project by far.

Don't get me wrong, I think the music, for the most part, is spectacular... some amazing composition is displayed all over this album, just that the mood and energy are too light, I need that NC-17 rated shit that he be on. I hope he pulls an Uzi and releases a deluxe version with a feature or two talking that disrespectful bullshit that I love lol.

Back