Welcome To aBlackWeb

The United States Capitol is under siege by Trump Supporters

You never needed to give me any reasons for this because I never said that the wealth gap would be solely addressed by raising the minimum wage.

You specifically asked for one thing that Democrats can do to address the wage gap and I stated that raising the minimum wage would be one thing that they could do and you proceeded to say that doing that wouldn't be enough......................

Well no shit nigga!!!!!!!!! You asked for one thing so I gave you one thing. I even said that it wouldn't be enough by itself.

You created a whole back and forth because I answered your question directly as you asked.

And you keep say you're gonna end the discussion but look where you at nigga

f8b18133ef74eb19aaa53cd9e9fb44c60c8390ff.gif
I dont think we can fix the wage gap. When the economy is in the worse shape it has been since the Great Depression (creation of goods WAYYYY down....consumption of goods WAYYYY down....) while the stock market is at its highest rate ever AND the people that have wealth dont work for the money...they get their wealth from the market.

2020 was one of the best years ever in the market.....so the rich got WAYYYY richer....

2020 was one of the worse for the lower working class....the poor got wayyyyyy poorer.....and they dont even know it.

If you need me to explain ANY of this.....I’m here for you....but minimum wage wont help because the people in the market make more money in the market than they do per year than working a job.

Do you think fixing the wealth gap can be addressed without raising the minimum wage yes or no?

Yes, there are better ways to address the wealth gap than raising the minimum wage. In fact, raising the minimum wage honestly won't even do much to reduce the wealth gap. It's more of a measure to try and pull people out of poverty, which is a good thing, but it only really affects the people making the absolute least amount of money in the country.

Raising taxes and closing loopholes for corporations and the super wealthy, and then using that money to improve social programs and things designed to help the poor and middle class would do potentially go a long way to reducing the wealth disparity with or without raising the minimum wage.

This min wage argument is stupid. This shouldnt even be a debate. And wasnt that new Republican Rep thats in a wheelchair, out there with the protestors encouraging them to storm the place? I hope they come for his ass too.

Yes, there are better ways to address the wealth gap than raising the minimum wage. In fact, raising the minimum wage honestly won't even do much to reduce the wealth gap. It's more of a measure to try and pull people out of poverty, which is a good thing, but it only really affects the people making the absolute least amount of money in the country.

Raising taxes and closing loopholes for corporations and the super wealthy, and then using that money to improve social programs and things designed to help the poor and middle class would do potentially go a long way to reducing the wealth disparity with or without raising the minimum wage.
Not pushing back or being a dick....but you not closing the wealth gap....period full stop.

2 problems-
  1. In the US we allow corporations and the super wealthy to contribute unlimited money to politicians and without those contributions the politician cant win an election. Then we dont have term limits- so once a politician gets a job - to keep the job he has to get money from companies and rich people or they LOSE their job. So the companies and the rich are the politicians boss——because they make sure they have the money to feed their family. SAME RULES APPLY TO EVERYONE....you do not bite the hand that feeds you. So why do we think rich people and corporations are going to let the politicians they EMPLOYEE or ensure keep employment raise taxes on them? I would say as long as we dont have campaign finance changes you can NOT raise taxes on corporations and the super wealthy- And when people think the Left wing companies or super rich are with the people...i would say think again. Bezos, Gates, and a ton of tech billionaires lean left but dont pay any damn taxes and would fight like hell with rich lawyers to make sure their money is taxed as little as possible (thats very trump of them)
  2. The wealth gap is global. Americans think it’s American problem but its a global issue and will require a global solution. Example companies outsource to other countries for cheaper skilled labor. In 10 years that company outsources to another country because as the wages increase they build class systems and skilled people wont work for that low rate. At one point tech jobs went to India, then the Philippines, then the Caribbeans, then South America, then Africa just to end up coming back to small towns in America.... each step of the way some people got rich...others got exploited and then rinse and repeat (thats my personal experience) -

Not pushing back or being a dick....but you not closing the wealth gap....period full stop.

2 problems-
  1. In the US we allow corporations and the super wealthy to contribute unlimited money to politicians and without those contributions the politician cant win an election. Then we dont have term limits- so once a politician gets a job - to keep the job he has to get money from companies and rich people or they LOSE their job. So the companies and the rich are the politicians boss——because they make sure they have the money to feed their family. SAME RULES APPLY TO EVERYONE....you do not bite the hand that feeds you. So why do we think rich people and corporations are going to let the politicians they EMPLOYEE or ensure keep employment raise taxes on them? I would say as long as we dont have campaign finance changes you can NOT raise taxes on corporations and the super wealthy- And when people think the Left wing companies or super rich are with the people...i would say think again. Bezos, Gates, and a ton of tech billionaires lean left but dont pay any damn taxes and would fight like hell with rich lawyers to make sure their money is taxed as little as possible (thats very trump of them)
  2. The wealth gap is global. Americans think it’s American problem but its a global issue and will require a global solution. Example companies outsource to other countries for cheaper skilled labor. In 10 years that company outsources to another country because as the wages increase they build class systems and skilled people wont work for that low rate. At one point tech jobs went to India, then the Philippines, then the Caribbeans, then South America, then Africa just to end up coming back to small towns in America.... each step of the way some people got rich...others got exploited and then rinse and repeat (thats my personal experience) -

We're talking about reducing the wealth gap not eliminating it. You're right there has always been a wealth gap in this nation and always will be, but it has not always been as extreme as it is now and there is no reason for that to continue to be true.

You can absolutely take steps to reduce that gap. There should be no reason why the majority of Americans are struggling through the pandemic to some exten while the richest are actually getting richer. That has everything to do with policies in place and the actions/inaction of our government.

man

after Charlottesville, I said anyone who still supports dude at best will be seen as a nazi sympathizer & 10yrs from now will be pariahs

but that shit last wk jus expedited the process

in the yrs to come it will make you wonder how he got 74 million votes cuz nobody will claim him

:hahaha:

Before Trump got elected I said once he's out of office finding people in the government who openly admit they supported him is gonna be like trying to get old white people today they supported Jim Crow laws. They gonna try to pretend the shit never happened

to get rid of the wealth gap........someone needs to give something up.

that aint gonna happen. or maybe i should say i dont see it happening.

would anty of yall give away 25% of your check every two weeks or monthly or how ever yall get paid....for the rest of your life...to the less fortunate?

quite a few of yall making nice money

Back