Welcome To aBlackWeb

The United States Capitol is under siege by Trump Supporters

No it's not defensive but the majority of Black people do not participate in our Democratic process. Collectively we are not well versed politically. I'm not talking about small pockets of us. I'm talking about us as a whole.

I mean, how many times on this site alone do you see niggas complaining about voting or representation or how none of this shit is for us anyway. That whole mentality is what leads to the majority of us feeling left out politically and it makes our commentary on the subject seem very all or nothing or aggressive or defensive.
That's a majority of Americans...non-voters and voters

to get rid of the wealth gap........someone needs to give something up.

that aint gonna happen. or maybe i should say i dont see it happening.

would anty of yall give away 25% of your check every two weeks or monthly or how ever yall get paid....for the rest of your life...to the less fortunate?

quite a few of yall making nice money

I always said raise my taxes as long as the money is being spent on domestic programs to help the less off.

With that said though, you looking at it wrong.

We live in a free market and the market determines what business succeeds or not. So with that said, if the only way your business succeeds is to pay a mfer $8 an hour in a state where rent for a shitty apartment costs $1600, then that business should fail.

In other words, businesses that are gonna fail because the minimum wage becomes $15 should be allowed to fail. Thats how the free market works.

It shouldnt come down to mfers giving up portions of their paychecks.

The people who say that aren’t watching it.

I’d bet money the people on this board who say both sides are the same will only get Tweets and sound bites out of the entire 8 hour or longer process. And even those will be taken out of context to support the Tweeter’s narrative.

It's striking how different both sides are and it's shameful to see so many Black people saying that they are both the same. It's actually pretty embarrassing.

White voters are more reliable and more versed politically than us. By far. Older white republicans are the most reliable voters in the country. You can't even get niggas to have a real discussion about what we're voting for.
LOl...you actually typed this out loud

"Reliable" doesn't mean well-versed or more knowledgeable. It just means them muhphuggas vote to make sure the playing field continues to be skewed in their favor...the status quo

But think about it....if i make 1 million a year and you go from 12hr to 15hr and you change my taxes from 20% to 22% did the gap really get smaller? We are talking about orders of magnitudes that are so vast that you can reduce the other a little but that wont bring them closer together from a quality of life or buying power perspective. The wealth gap is so large now that it insurmountable. I think its time to fix the bottom and worry less about equality.

You still thinking to much in terms of trying to eliminate the wealth gap. It will always be there and it will always sound bad, but again it has never been this bad. It's only this bad because of policies. If those policies are reversed and some programs are implemented to build wealth for lower classes, you could close that gap. The rich will still be rich, but the poor will be less poor.

I think one think you're not acknowledging is that money at any level means more to the poor than it does to the rich. If you shrink the gap 10% for example. That doesn't really mean that much at all to the rich and it doesn't sound like a lot, however on the other side that might mean you brought a lot of people above the poverty line which is good.

LOl...you actually typed this out loud

"Reliable" doesn't mean well-versed or more knowledgeable. It just means them muhphuggas vote to make sure the playing field continues to be skewed in their favor...the status quo

Think about what you just said...........

Older white conservatives will consistently show up to vote for Republicans faithfully. They are the most reliable voting block in the country. Now we don't agree with the values that they have and we obviously do not share the same issues that we vote for with them but they show up for their issues.

They vet their candidates so that they go to Congress and give them exactly what they want. If they want more racism they will back those racist ass candidates. If they think women are getting too much power they will vote to strip their rights away.

Now you might think that all of those older white voters are just dumb hillbillies but they are not. They pass their values down through generations.

They are very well versed voters because they know how to get exactly what they want.

They are very knowledgeable voters because they know what's on the ballot and they know how to circumvent change every single election.

Voting to make sure the playing field is skewed in your direction is...............smart. We just saw them do this with Trump.

You still thinking to much in terms of trying to eliminate the wealth gap. It will always be there and it will always sound bad, but again it has never been this bad. It's only this bad because of policies. If those policies are reversed and some programs are implemented to build wealth for lower classes, you could close that gap. The rich will still be rich, but the poor will be less poor.

I think one think you're not acknowledging is that money at any level means more to the poor than it does to the rich. If you shrink the gap 10% for example. That doesn't really mean that much at all to the rich and it doesn't sound like a lot, however on the other side that might mean you brought a lot of people above the poverty line which is good.
I don’t know about if it means more depending on what you speaking on. Everyday survival is one thing..,, but some try to see what they are able to acquire to feed their ego. That has a high level of importance. Hence...,trump wanted to acquire a second term. So the country may have to suffer for his own gains and ego.

It's striking how different both sides are and it's shameful to see so many Black people saying that they are both the same. It's actually pretty embarrassing.
While I agree with you to an extent, I don’t think it’s most black people. I think it’s most black people on the Internet because they think it makes them seem smarter or more hip and they have the loudest voices.

I only know a couple of people personally that think both sides are the same. Most family, friends, and acquaintances see clearly the differences.

Back