Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Watching Kevin Hart’s new standup right now .. not too impressed

I think Kevin needs to start talking more about current events and giving his take on some of that.

His life at home really isn’t giving him any material that’s actually funny anymore

I don’t hate him the way some people seem to but, he needs to go back to the drawing board

My exact feelings. I'm only 15 mins into it but not having too many laughs. The bit with his son yelling fuck you was funny, but nothing too crazy yet

Never seen his comedy but watched his joe rogan pod ep and he just came off like a douchebag.

He handled that well in that clip. Shit was funny

Never seen his comedy but watched his joe rogan pod ep and he just came off like a douchebag.

He handled that well in that clip. Shit was funny
Hes been making the rounds on all the comedians podcasts and he totally does come off as a douchebag a bit. Every podcast I heard him in hes always preaching this "comedy industry is dying, the way I'm doing it is going to revolutionize it" bit. He was on legion of skanks with big Jay oakerson, Dave Smith, and Luis j Gomez and before he could even start Luis was like "before you say anything. No. Comedy is not dying and your idea wont save it." Then he kind of shut up but would hint at it throughout the episode and Luis would roll his eyes lmao. Shit was hilarious

@Lou Cypher how was crashing season 3?

I think me and u were the only 2 watching that show. I forgot all about season 3
It was surprisingly good imo. The trailer made it seem like it was going real religious and clean. Pete did go on a religious tour, but the show still had that edge to it and overall was a great story to me. Wasnt my fave season, but it's definitely a good watch.

Pete said that the shows been cancelled by HBO unfortunately but there may be a HBO film for it to give it a proper ending. Hope they do one because the ending of season 3 was great

Anthony Jeselniks new special "Fire in the maternity ward" released on Netflix today. About to check it out.

I tried to watch this cause I listen to a podcast where he’s the cohost and he’s decent on there but this one ain’t for me lol. I didn’t laugh once.

I did catch up on some Dave Chappelle stand ups though.

Just got home from Seattle last night. Saw Tom segura live before I left. His new material is fucking hilarious! Havent laughed that hard in a minute. If you still havent, I highly recommend you check out his 3 specials on Netflix. Each and every one hilarious and on his most recent special he has a bit that got him in trouble for making fun of Louisiana. In his new material he doubles down on that and throws another state in the fire. So fucking hilarious. He should be filming his new special in a few months then the special should be out later this year.

Back