Welcome To aBlackWeb

The self defense case of Marcus Wilson

The legal defense team representing Marcus Wilson in a Bulloch County murder case is asking a judge to consider whether or not Wilson should be immune from prosecution because he acted in self defense.

The legal defense team representing Marcus Wilson in a Bulloch County murder case is asking a judge to consider whether or not Wilson should be immune from prosecution because he acted in self defense.

Background

Marcus Wilson faces charges of Felony Murder, Possession Of Firearm Or Knife During Commission Of Or Attempt To Commit Certain Felonies, and five counts of Aggravated Assault in the death of 17-year-old Haley Hutcheson who was shot on Veterans Memorial/Bypass in Statesboro. Wilson was traveling behind a truck with five people in it when he fired a shot into the back window, which struck Hutcheson in the head and killed her.

Wilson has maintained that he acted in self-defense, claiming the truck was chasing him and tried to run him off the road at one point. He reportedly told detectives he fired multiple shots at the bottom of the car hoping the men would stop pursuing him. He did not report the incident to police and went to a friend’s house after the incident, borrowed a car, and then drove to his parent’s home in Coweta County, according to court testimony.

Was reading this yesterday, if this goes any other way other than not guilty the bullshit view of the law will hard to justify

He did everything possible to protect himself . The party driving the truck should be held responsible for Haley’s death

No one else seems to be confused by this, so I'll ask it: How can this be self-defense when you are the one chasing the other vehicle and shooting into said vehicle?

No one else seems to be confused by this, so I'll ask it: How can this be self-defense when you are the one chasing the other vehicle and shooting into said vehicle?
They tried running him off the road and kept trying to wreck him. He shot in the air and they still kept trying to come after him. Also they were all drunk but they keep that out of news and narrative

They tried running him off the road and kept trying to wreck him. He shot in the air and they still kept trying to come after him. Also they were all drunk but they keep that out of news and narrative

That doesn't answer the question, though. I get all that. But I still don't understand how, once you find yourself behind the car that was once behind you, now you are chasing it and shooting into the back window, you still think this is self-defense.

That's not how it works.

If I'm driving and and nigga pulls up behind me trying to run me off the road, drunk of their ass, me shooting to keep that car from chasing me and trying to run me off the road is appropriate and is self-defense. Once I maneuver in a way that I'm able to get behind them, that's no longer self-defense. They aren't chasing me and trying to run me off the road anymore, now I'm chasing them. Me shooting into the back window is no longer 'self-defense'. I'm not defending myself in that scenario. There is no active threat to me at all.

Legally, I guess I just don't see it.

That doesn't answer the question, though. I get all that. But I still don't understand how, once you find yourself behind the car that was once behind you, now you are chasing it and shooting into the back window, you still think this is self-defense.

That's not how it works.

If I'm driving and and nigga pulls up behind me trying to run me off the road, drunk of their ass, me shooting to keep that car from chasing me and trying to run me off the road is appropriate and is self-defense. Once I maneuver in a way that I'm able to get behind them, that's no longer self-defense. They aren't chasing me and trying to run me off the road anymore, now I'm chasing them. Me shooting into the back window is no longer 'self-defense'. I'm not defending myself in that scenario. There is no active threat to me at all.

Legally, I guess I just don't see it.
If you're in fear of your life I guess you will do whatever it takes.

If you're in fear of your life I guess you will do whatever it takes.

Agreed. But now we're moving the goalposts. In 'fear for your life' isn't the same thing as 'self defense'. I'm in fear for my life every time I have an interaction with a police officer. But even though that's the case, when the cop gets out his car and walks up to mine, I'm not istified in shooting him as he gets to my door to ask for my license and registration just because I feared for my life. I can't claim self-defense because, regardless of what feelings I have, there was no active threat to me at that moment.

Same thing applies here.

If you are chasing me and trying to run me off the road, I'm in fear for my life. Once I'm able to menuveur myself to get behind you, I'm STILL In fear for my life. But there is no longer an active threat chasing me, so while I am still in fear, any claim of 'self-defense' goes out the window.

I feel like if you are behind a person in a car and you let off shots into the back window of that car and kill a kid...thats pretty clearly murder. Regardless of what happened before the shots let off because there were so many other options for you to preserve your life and NOT indiscriminately shoot into the back window of a whip.

Back