Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Rise of Lonely Single Men

OINTS
  • Dating opportunities for heterosexual men are diminishing as healthy relationship standards change.
  • Men represent approximately 62% of dating app users, lowering their chances for matches.
  • Men need to address skills deficits to meet healthier relationship expectations.

• Younger and middle-aged men are the loneliestthey’ve ever been in generations, and it’s probably going to get worst.

This is not my typical rosy view of relationships but a reality nonetheless. Over the last 30 years, men have become a larger portion of that growing group of long-term single people. And while you don’t actually need to be in a relationship to be happy, men typically are happier and healthier when partnered.

article continues after advertisement
    Here are three broad trends in the relationship landscape that suggest heterosexual men are in for a rough road ahead:

Dating Apps. Whether you’re just starting to date or you’re recently divorced and dating again, dating apps are a huge driver of new romantic connections in the United States. The only problem is that upwards of 62% of users are men and many women are overwhelmed with how many options they have. Competition in online dating is fierce, and lucky in-person chance encounters with dreamy partners are rarer than ever.

Relationship Standards. With so many options, it’s not surprising that women are increasingly selective. I do a live TikTok show (@abetterloveproject) and speak with hundreds of audience members every week; I hear recurring dating themes from women between the ages of 25 and 45: They prefer men who are emotionally available, good communicators, and share similar values.

Skills Deficits. For men, this means a relationship skills gap that, if not addressed, will likely lead to fewer dating opportunities, less patience for poor communication skills, and longer periods of being single. The problem for men is that emotional connection is the lifeblood of healthy, long-term love. Emotional connection requires all the skills that families are still not consistently teaching their young boys.
  • While there’s probably no chance of stemming the rising tide of unintentional single men, there is still good news.

The algorithms are becoming increasingly more complex on dating apps and other online platforms. One benefit is that great matches are on the rise. Hinge, one dating app, found through beta trials that 90% of users rated their first date positively, with 72% indicating wanting a second date.

article continues after advertisement
    How can men reap the benefit of the algorithms? Level up your mental health game. That means getting into some individual therapy to address your skills gap. It means valuing your own internal world and respecting your ideas enough to communicate them effectively. It means seeing intimacy, romance, and emotional connection as worthy of your time and effort.

Ultimately, we have an opportunity to revolutionize romantic relationships and establish new healthy norms starting with a first date. It’s likely that some of these romances will be transformative and healing, disrupting generational trauma, and establishing a fresh culture of admiration and validation.

Men have a key role in this transformation but only if they go all-in. It’s going to take that kind of commitment to themselves, to their own mental health, to the kind of love they want to generate in this world. Will we step up?

• I copied and pasted so this might look crazy but what does ABW think this means for black couples? And what’s the cause? Is it our music? Does social media play a part in this that we don’t know? I personally think finances plays a part a lot of men won’t date until the money is in order. Are women accepting less nonsense in order to keep a dude? What y’all think?

The issue is that the women do not mate down and men do. An educated man with an upper middle class office job will date a gorgeous high school dropout chick that's a manager at Target.

Women are ruthless when it comes to mating and men aren't because men have been socialized to be beggars when it comes to mating.

And that mentality has followed men into every sphere of life, which is why now, males are less educated than women. Single males earn less than single women. The average woman just gotta not pregnant or married and she'll put earn the average man.

So men pretty much fucked themselves. No amount of therapy and "skills" is gonna make up for the fact that women don't like men for men.

Women like men for what they have, who they conquered, and what they overcame.

You become a man. A woman is. Neither men or women find men intrinsically valuable.

Only crazy or ugly women be dating the male equivalent of the pretty high school dropout at Target.

So men loss the war with women. But then again, elite men never was in allegiance with average men, they always served pussy.

Last edited:
lol @ dating.

Article is misleading.........and trying to be slick by taking shots at men who just aren't interested in relationships anymore.

The mentality is more smash and dash.

Either that or having a roster/stable (aka concubine)...........but feminists are trying to put their own spin on it by trying to shame men into getting married and/or in long-term relationships.

Basically, this article is on some reverse psychology bullshit by trying to make it seem like men are lonely just because they're not pressed about being in a relationship.

When, in fact, it's women who have always been the most vocal about their relationship woes........not men.

Think about it.

When has society ever cared one way or another about men being lonely?

I don't know man real clip.gif

This is about women being lonely..........not men.

Last edited:
Folks need to stop suppressing their feelings and go talk to some woman or a therapist... go outside, mingle.
What's worse than a nigga crying??
Running out of nachos at the movie before the movie starts...
Kleenex ass niggas need to chin up

lol @ dating.

Article is misleading.........and trying to be slick by taking shots at men who just aren't interested in relationships anymore.

The mentality is more smash and dash.

Either that or having a roster/stable (aka concubine)...........but feminists are trying to put their own spin on it by trying to shame men into getting married and/or in long-term relationships.

Basically, this article is on some reverse psychology bullshit by trying to make it seem like men are lonely just because they're not pressed about being in a relationship.

When, in fact, it's women who have always been the most vocal about their relationship woes........not men.

Think about it.

When has society ever cared one way or another about men being lonely?

View attachment 903604

This is about women being lonely..........not men.
Except the number of sexless men has risen brother Deadeye

I was talking to a coworker and she was like "We in the "School Shooter" generation" I responded by telling her nah this the "No pussy getting"
generation.

Think about it. What do all these spree shooters have in common? Problems with talking/bagging women. Stories of them being creepy/too aggressive around women. Simps. Thinking they deserve/are entitled to a woman for being nice. Chad/virgin dynamic.

Look at the rise of the manosphere. Every year these dudes take it up another level with the women hating. It's ironic how most of these dudes took that red pill stuff from Patrice, yet if he was alive today he wouldn't like ANY of these cats

Last edited:
I feel the main reason is before dating app, ppl date whoever was on their proximity. Now technology given women access to more men, women standards get higher leaving majority of dudes out in the cold. The dude that check off majority of women boxes is the one thats winning cause he thinking why settle when I got a carousel of women in my DM

Lmaooo. Usual suspects.

The only thing ill say is that more people are trying online dating to meet someone, and people are just more picky online.

Same person who would go on a date with you if you approach her in person will tell you no online.

Lmaooo. Usual suspects.

The only thing ill say is that more people are trying online dating to meet someone, and people are just more picky online.

Same person who would go on a date with you if you approach her in person will tell you no online.
Thread stinks
dude trying to hold in his laughter clip.gif

I was talking to a coworker and she was like "We in the "School Shooter" generation" I responded by telling her nah this the "No pussy getting"
generation.

Think about it. What do all these spree shooters have in common? Problems with talking/bagging women. Stories of them being creepy/too aggressive around women. Simps. Thinking they deserve/are entitled to a woman for being nice. Chad/virgin dynamic.

Look at the rise of the manosphere. Every year these dudes take it up another level with the women hating. It's ironic how most of these dudes took that red pill stuff from Patrice, yet if he was alive today he wouldn't like ANY of these cats
Don't know too much about Patrice O Neal but what is his most famous Red Pill line?

generation.

Yea but the shooting that started it all was about bullying. Men have missed on pussy for centuries

Back