Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO The Righteous Gemstones (Season 3)

Lou Cypher

The Tokin' White Guy
john-goodman-danny-mcbride-hbo-logo-3-shot.jpg

Danny McBride and John Goodman are returning to HBO for The Righteous Gemstones pilot.

The televangelist family comedy created by the Eastbound & Down star finds McBride and the Treme vet teaming up to play the offspring heir apparent to Goodman’s world famous and acerbic preaching patriarch. As the McBride portrayed Jesse Gemstone arrogantly attempts to expand and modernize the global TV ministry that his Goodman played father Eli created “a long tradition of deviance, greed, and charitable work, all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ” comes into focus as the Gemstone legacy.

Long time McBride collaborator Jody Hill will serve as an EP as will David Gordon Green on the long percolating project. McBride will also direct the pilot HBO has just given the green light to. The trio of McBride, Joe helmer Green and Hill most recently worked together on the Netflix pic The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter, which launches on the streaming service on July 6.

Of course, the Righteous Gemstone news comes as Goodman’s dance card has filled up with ABC’s recent order of The Conners for this fall.

The now Roseanne-less spinoff replaces the canceled Roseanne after its star’s online racist tweets, career crash and burn. The plan is Emmy winner will do the Gemstonespilot first and shift into Dan Conner gear ASAP. If Righteous Gemstones is picked up to series by the now WarnerMedia owned premium cabler, Goodman will get in front of the camera with McBride after production on The Conners is complete, I hear. That could all be up to the Good Lord.

In the meantime, McBride is repped by CAA and the lawyer firm of Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller. Goodman is represented by the Gersh Agency and attorneys at Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/john-goodman-danny-mcbride-hbo-pilot-righteous-gemstones-1202419321/

Mcbride is a comic genius imo

Dude is stuck in that role of playing the same type of character in almost everything he's in, with some minor twists, and even though i expect it, it still cracks me the fuck up every single time. I dont think i will ever get tired of that Cocky outrageous character he plays

Him and John Goodman will be an interesting Duo too, i hope this shit gets greenlit. Im sure it will. Goodman can be fucking hilarious himself.

Jus watched the netflix movie w him and josh brolin. Its okay. Solid message. Danny basically plays the same character, jus not as over the top.

Looks fucking awesome as expected. Adam Devine can be hilarious af. Danny McBride and John Goodman are always hilarious. Cant wait.

Not even watchin trailers

Jus gonna dive in
This is probably gonna be McBride's most fucked up story yet lol.. maybe. Vice principals will be hard to top fucked up wise, but I'm excited af to see these 3 together.

Been waiting on this trailer.

I don't think anything will top Vice principals. but this getting watched for sho

Last edited:
i saw like one episode of Vice Principals...not that i thought it wasnt funny but i think i was watching too many shows at one time and it just slipped off my radar

i'ma check for both of em

i still havent finished Eastbound and Down

I will check this out for sure. Danny damn near always plays the same character but when that character is as funny as how he portrays it, how could I really complain. Lol

Back