Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Purge: Hong Kong Edition

Trump Swipes at NBA Coaches Steve Kerr, Gregg Popovich: ‘Talk Badly About the United States’ But Won’t Criticize China
President Donald Trump was asked today to weigh in on China putting pressure on the NBA. He responded by swiping at the responses from two NBA coaches on the matter.

To briefly recap: the NBA scrambled after Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey posted a message in support of Hong Kong protesters, with a response setting off serious controversy. Warriors coach Steve Kerr was criticized for basically dodging the issue, while Spurs coach Gregg Popovichpraised Commissioner Adam Silver‘s response with a dig at Trump.

Trump, in response to the question of whether China should be putting pressure on the NBA, said, “The NBA’s a different thing.”

He proceeded to swipe at both Kerr and Popovich:

“I watched this guy, Steve Kerr, he was like a little boy, he was so scared to be even answering the question… he was shaking. He didn’t even know how to answer the question. He’ll talk about the United States very badly. I watched Popovich sort of the same thing, but he wasn’t quite as scared. They talk badly about the United States but when they talk about China, they don’t want to say anything bad. I thought it was pretty sad actually.”
Trump was again directly asked, “Are you okay then with the Chinese government pressuring the NBA over Hong Kong?”

“They have to work out their own situation. The NBA — they know what they’re doing,” Trump again said before going back to swiping at Kerr and Popovich.

No and no and I’m not saying don’t have that stance but ima need more outta you than just that

but considering there’s a thread on this I won’t talk about this anymore in here

Well

Never forget what the Chinese community did and Asian Judge did

Liang was convicted of manslaughter and official misconduct on February 11, 2016. He was expected to appeal while he remained free without bail. Peter Liang faced up to 15 years of prison time. This verdict galvanized Chinese Community. Chinese Americans used Wechat on a massive scale[4] along with little use of Facebook, Twitter, and email[4] to organize rallies in major cities. Peter Liang appealed the court's decision.[5] On March 28, 2016, the prosecuting Brooklyn District Attorney Kenneth P. Thompson recommended to Judge Danny Chun that Liang serve only house arrest and community service for his sentencing.[6]

On April 19, 2016, Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Danny Chun sentenced Peter Liang to five years of probation and 800 hours community service, after downgrading his manslaughter conviction to criminally negligent homicide.[7]

Asian.jpg

Back