Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Podcast Thread (Lamar Odom @ DrinkChamps)

Big tymers were a legit powerhouse in nyc. Remember it felt like they had a new banger every other day on the radio or tv.

Ironically i never thought he was but he got under the dipset umbrella and lost his mind and his work ethic was crazy. Til this day i can care less about his carter albums tho.

^^ This is what i mean lol A lot of east coast niggas , especially in NY, thinks Wayne all of a sudden started spitting crazy when he hooked up with Dipset. By the time he linked up with them he had maddd mixtapes killing shit. Mfs on the east thinks Wayne's first mixtape was The Drought 3 lol

In 2002-03 he dropped Sq1-7 , the drought and the prefix and then dropped the Carter.

The G-Unit wave outshadowed what Wayne was doing with Sqad Up and the mixtapes, but he started the mixtape shit at the same time 50 did. Dude been ill.

But I would say most place was like that. Not just NYC

after C1 & C2 and he stepped up his game lyrically.

^^ This is what i mean lol A lot of east coast niggas , especially in NY, thinks Wayne all of a sudden started spitting crazy when he hooked up with Dipset. By the time he linked up with them he had maddd mixtapes killing shit. Mfs on the east thinks Wayne's first mixtape was The Drought 3 lol

In 2002-03 he dropped Sq1-7 , the drought and the prefix and then dropped the Carter.

The G-Unit wave outshadowed what Wayne was doing with Sqad Up and the mixtapes, but he started the mixtape shit at the same time 50 did. Dude been ill.

But you know it's bout albums. He wasn't gonna get top 10/5 w/ just mixtapes.

When he brought all that to C1 & 2, then niggas was like "ohh shit"

Also mixtapes in the early 2000's wasn't as easy to come by like it has been for the last 10-15 years.

But you know it's bout albums. He wasn't gonna get top 10/5 w/ just mixtapes.

When he brought all that to C1 & 2, then niggas was like "ohh shit"

Also mixtapes in the early 2000's wasn't as easy to come by like it has been for the last 10-15 years.

Shitt we was passing mixtapes like blunts back then.

Funny enough The Block is Hot was one of the first CDs I ever bought. I always was a wayne fan, but when I first heard SQ1, i think that was at the top of 2002, Wayne instantly became my favorite rapper and he's been my favorite rapper since.

Like I said in my other post, the g unit mixtapes were running the streets, but I always fucked with Wayne's sq mixtapes more.

I still listen to the SQ series. This was on SQ1

My old roommate was a big Wayne fan.

The Carter was when I felt like he got real big

Funny enough The Block is Hot was one of the first CDs I ever bought. I always was a wayne fan, but when I first heard SQ1, i think that was at the top of 2002, Wayne instantly became my favorite rapper and he's been my favorite rapper since.

Like I said in my other post, the g unit mixtapes were running the streets, but I always fucked with Wayne's sq mixtapes more.

easily one of my top 3 squad songs

easily one of my top 3 squad songs

I think I'm gonna make a thread dedicated to the different stages of Wayne's career. Eventhough I fuck with that era heavy, you prolly know more about his Career from the Hot Boys era - Lights Out, so if you want to cover that you can.

But from SQ1 to Now. I'm gonna break down his career.

Cuz the SQ era alone is full of fire. That shit started during the Cash Money break up when everybody left and then the SQ era ended when all the members of SQ left. We was like damn, these niggas really broke up, then we started hearing diss tracks from SQ to wayne, then all of a sudden Wayne dropped The Drought. That was a big moment in his career. Mannnnn. I'm gonna work on that shit this week.

All them Squad Up tapes, the 1st 2 Droughts and C1 & 2 all were released between 2002-2005 and imo by the end of that run, that's when folks started to put him in the upper echelon of rappers.

S/N: 500 Degreez was released then too but i don't remember him spitting like he did on his mixtapes & the Carters.

All them Squad Up tapes, the 1st 2 Droughts and C1 & 2 all were released between 2002-2005 and imo by the end of that run, that's when folks started to put him in the upper echelon of rappers.

S/N: 500 Degreez was released then too but i don't remember him spitting like he did on his mixtapes & the Carters.

Yea, 500 had some bangers but overall it was ass. Wayne explained that whole era in the interview, Birdman wanted Wayne to rap the same style the Hot Boys was known for using, so he would rap like that on albums and use the "east coast style" on mixtapes. But even on songs like 500 Degreez you can see he was a spitter.

I think I'm gonna make a thread dedicated to the different stages of Wayne's career. Eventhough I fuck with that era heavy, you prolly know more about his Career from the Hot Boys era - Lights Out, so if you want to cover that you can.

But from SQ1 to Now. I'm gonna break down his career.

Cuz the SQ era alone is full of fire. That shit started during the Cash Money break up when everybody left and then the SQ era ended when all the members of SQ left. We was like damn, these niggas really broke up, then we started hearing diss tracks from SQ to wayne, then all of a sudden Wayne dropped The Drought. That was a big moment in his career. Mannnnn. I'm gonna work on that shit this week.
i have a squad thread around here somewhere...you can bump that one or make one from scratch. Either way, i'll be in it

Yoooooooooo

You just brought me back to the 7th ward chilling at cousin house when he put that track on

happy tears.gif

Back