The Podcast Thread (Lamar Odom @ DrinkChamps)

AP21

Well....actually
Site Administrator
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$1,254,596,443
Shitt we was passing mixtapes like blunts back then.

Funny enough The Block is Hot was one of the first CDs I ever bought. I always was a wayne fan, but when I first heard SQ1, i think that was at the top of 2002, Wayne instantly became my favorite rapper and he's been my favorite rapper since.

Like I said in my other post, the g unit mixtapes were running the streets, but I always fucked with Wayne's sq mixtapes more.

I still listen to the SQ series. This was on SQ1

easily one of my top 3 squad songs

• Goat
Reactions: Goldie

Goldie

Hunger. Discipline. Consistency
Mothafucka I'm a Legend
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$181,516,833
easily one of my top 3 squad songs
I think I'm gonna make a thread dedicated to the different stages of Wayne's career. Eventhough I fuck with that era heavy, you prolly know more about his Career from the Hot Boys era - Lights Out, so if you want to cover that you can.

But from SQ1 to Now. I'm gonna break down his career.

Cuz the SQ era alone is full of fire. That shit started during the Cash Money break up when everybody left and then the SQ era ended when all the members of SQ left. We was like damn, these niggas really broke up, then we started hearing diss tracks from SQ to wayne, then all of a sudden Wayne dropped The Drought. That was a big moment in his career. Mannnnn. I'm gonna work on that shit this week.

Reactions: AP21

Revolver Ocelot

OG
Bride's Alimony
Feb 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$11,413,247

Funny enough The Block is Hot was one of the first CDs I ever bought. I always was a wayne fan, but when I first heard SQ1, i think that was at the top of 2002, Wayne instantly became my favorite rapper and he's been my favorite rapper since.

Like I said in my other post, the g unit mixtapes were running the streets, but I always fucked with Wayne's sq mixtapes more.

All them Squad Up tapes, the 1st 2 Droughts and C1 & 2 all were released between 2002-2005 and imo by the end of that run, that's when folks started to put him in the upper echelon of rappers.

S/N: 500 Degreez was released then too but i don't remember him spitting like he did on his mixtapes & the Carters.

Goldie

Mothafucka I'm a Legend
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$181,516,833
All them Squad Up tapes, the 1st 2 Droughts and C1 & 2 all were released between 2002-2005 and imo by the end of that run, that's when folks started to put him in the upper echelon of rappers.

S/N: 500 Degreez was released then too but i don't remember him spitting like he did on his mixtapes & the Carters.
Yea, 500 had some bangers but overall it was ass. Wayne explained that whole era in the interview, Birdman wanted Wayne to rap the same style the Hot Boys was known for using, so he would rap like that on albums and use the "east coast style" on mixtapes. But even on songs like 500 Degreez you can see he was a spitter.

AP21

Well....actually
Site Administrator
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$1,254,596,443
I think I'm gonna make a thread dedicated to the different stages of Wayne's career. Eventhough I fuck with that era heavy, you prolly know more about his Career from the Hot Boys era - Lights Out, so if you want to cover that you can.

But from SQ1 to Now. I'm gonna break down his career.

Cuz the SQ era alone is full of fire. That shit started during the Cash Money break up when everybody left and then the SQ era ended when all the members of SQ left. We was like damn, these niggas really broke up, then we started hearing diss tracks from SQ to wayne, then all of a sudden Wayne dropped The Drought. That was a big moment in his career. Mannnnn. I'm gonna work on that shit this week.
i have a squad thread around here somewhere...you can bump that one or make one from scratch. Either way, i'll be in it

• Goat

Thor

"We're not afforded the luxury of being average"
Healthy Masculinity
NOLA
If you know, you know
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$1,215,666

Yoooooooooo

You just brought me back to the 7th ward chilling at cousin house when he put that track on

happy tears.gif

JUDAH

Jan 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$279,745,228
Just watched the Drink Champs with Wayne.

One of the best ones I've seen. He said something that had made me reflect on something though. How he went to the Masters and how he lit up talking about it was one of the best experiences because no one could react to him being a superstar.

Man people that have that level of fame are literally slaves to it. Could yall imagine not being able to step out and be your unadulterated self because of how everyone around you views you?

Thor

"We're not afforded the luxury of being average"
Healthy Masculinity
NOLA
If you know, you know
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$1,215,666
I knew Wayne was legend since Cutlass, Monte Carlo’s and Regals mannnn.

Reactions: AP21

Goldie

Mothafucka I'm a Legend
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$181,516,833
Never knew "can it be so simple " was Hype Williams first video

Goldie

Mothafucka I'm a Legend
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$181,516,833
Nore: "How do you feel about the MeToo movement? They got that nigga Russel hiding in Tahiti"

lmaoo

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Big Lurko

Goldie

Mothafucka I'm a Legend
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$181,516,833
This shit made me think of something that happened to me years ago.

I was trying to get in the club one night and I was rockin a Jeff Hamilton NBA jacket and the bouncer wouldn't let me get in with the coat lmaooo

Mfs started roasting and one my niggas quoted one of Raekwon's bars from "Yolanda's House" : " Yall niggas wear alot of loud, yo that's steve rifkin style shit"

lmaoo good times

Big Lurko

DO YOU HAVE A HOME?!
Aug 11, 2017
ABW Bucks
$23,210,251
This shit made me think of something that happened to me years ago.

I was trying to get in the club one night and I was rockin a Jeff Hamilton NBA jacket and the bouncer wouldn't let me get in with the coat lmaooo

Mfs started roasting and one my niggas quoted one of Raekwon's bars from "Yolanda's House" : " Yall niggas wear alot of loud, yo that's steve rifkin style shit"

lmaoo good times
The joints wit all the nba teams on em?
:scust:

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Freshb651

Goldie

Mothafucka I'm a Legend
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$181,516,833
This nigga loves battle rap lol he referenced battle rap a hundred times

Goldie

Mothafucka I'm a Legend
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$181,516,833
"if you think your girl is a trophy, she should be at home on the shelf" - Mayweather

That might be the hardest bar of the year lol

• Ha Ha
  • Goat
Reactions: Duwop and illed_Out

Goldie

Mothafucka I'm a Legend
R.I.P KOBE & NIP
Jan 14, 2017
ABW Bucks
$181,516,833
"I'd rather you hate me for telling the truth, than to love me for lying to you"

I was just saying that shit during that whole nomad/reesey shit lol words to live by