Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The One "Bad" Song Ruins The Album Argument

Does One "Bad/Weak" Song Prevent An Album From Being Classic?

• Total voters
I judge by the overall effort.

Every good album (even if not a classic) has highlights and low lights. I

I don't think a classic has to meet some strenuous, world-changing, perfect-tracklist standard to be considered as such. If that were the case, I can name plenty of albums that would fail.

Albums by Dre, Tribe, Jay etc

Very rarely have I ever come across a classic that I believe is completely flawless. There’s always those one or two songs that ain’t quite up to par with the rest of the album. Most the time tho with classics even the “bad” songs are somewhat tolerable under curtain circumstances.

Probably got that from Jay-Z when he said vol 1 could’ve been a classic if it wasn’t for a few songs

Wow, how is this in question? This is why "classic" has lost its meaning. So if classics can have bad songs, what do we call albums with no bad songs? Ultra classic? Super classic?

I know classic is subjective but there is a reason a great album isn't a classic; and it's because of those 1 or 2 bad songs.

"Drunk and Hot Girls" is probably the only "wack" song on Graduation. I've never heard of anybody who liked it

"Drunk and Hot Girls" is probably the only "wack" song on Graduation. I've never heard of anybody who liked it
i fuck with that song frfr

it's definitely out of place on the tracklisting, but it grew on me

Cool that so many people agree with me, All eyez on me is a classic but got some wack songs but songs overall on it are so great it have to be a classic.

Pac could had make All Eyez on me as 2 albums and it would be 2 classics.

Lol

Back