Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

I seen people saying this how is Boris good for the economy.

The level of foodbanks, homeless people, people in debt working 2 jobs to maintain.

How is that not a disaster and a point to how the economy is failing.
I never said he was good for the economy. He is bad for the economy. Corbyn would have been even worse. There wasn't a good candidate in this election and regardless of who is in charge the economy will suffer even more once brexit actually happens, but for people invested in the markets Boris is the lesser of two evils

This is a prime example as to why local elections are important.

Moves like this have an effect on national elections.
It was ok when it was done in GA, right? We have to keep that same energy when it benefits the other side. I’d just say get it done more in the states where it would benefit our side.

This is a prime example as to why local elections are important.

Moves like this have an effect on national elections.

Is the sentence considered complete when they are released from jail or prison or when they are off papers after being released from prison or jail? That is a big detail that needs to be known.

Kentucky's recidivism rate stands at a very high 41 percent in the two years after release. With a recidivism rate that high and within 2 years a lot folks might not get the chance to even vote cause they might never make it off papers.

As the sayings go "always read the small print" & "the devil is in the details".

Is the sentence considered complete when they are released from jail or prison or when they are off papers after being released from prison or jail? That is a big detail that needs to be known.

Kentucky's recidivism rate stands at a very high 41 percent in the two years after release. With a recidivism rate that high and within 2 years a lot folks might not get the chance to even vote cause they might never make it off papers.

As the sayings go "always read the small print" & "the devil is in the details".

from that guardian article tweet I posted

Savvy Shabazz, 44, won’t be among the people affected by Thursday’s order. He was convicted on possession and trafficking of a controlled substance charges in 2003 and served five and a half years in prison. But his parole doesn’t expire until 2024, so he still can’t vote.

There also could be some lingering confusion about the new policy. Debra Graner, 68, said on Thursday she was unsure if Beshear’s executive order would affect her. She was convicted of arson in 2012, but wasn’t sure if her crime would be classified as a violent or non-violent offense. Graner never went to prison, and served and completed her probation in 2017. She submitted an application to get her voting rights back to Bevin, but never heard back. “It’s like a slap in the face,” she said of being denied her voting rights under Bevin.

Lawyers will also push ahead with an ongoing lawsuit, in federal court that challenges the governor’s ability to impose arbitrary criteria dealing with when felons can vote again, said Jon Sherman, a lawyer involved in the case. If the plaintiffs are successful in the suit, it could push the state to establish clear guidelines for restoring voting rights.

source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-governor-andy-beshear?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Ok just like I thought. A person has to be off papers for their sentence to be considered complete. Nice gesture but when you really get into the details. You can see it basically some bullshit.

That dude basically got release in 2009 but still on papers until 2024. Thats that bullshit I be talking about.

Gotta stop pulling Nick Young moves out here!!!
Jy9mKrvUjUpMPEabC4hB9OYSzak_lxuZfa5CJjxuRP32ILKzp6Si0nyl4zyoxVhLb8hvJ_bc1KGvmS11G4cKCnCvg1jbpTQ7swuATmV8BKYXiQ88jqbS15VHcvCbhdZyIUIim5Dh

Ok just like I thought. A person has to be off papers for their sentence to be considered complete. Nice gesture but when you really get into the details. You can see it basically some bullshit.

That dude basically got release in 2009 but still on papers until 2024. Thats that bullshit I be talking about.

Gotta stop pulling Nick Young moves out here!!!
Jy9mKrvUjUpMPEabC4hB9OYSzak_lxuZfa5CJjxuRP32ILKzp6Si0nyl4zyoxVhLb8hvJ_bc1KGvmS11G4cKCnCvg1jbpTQ7swuATmV8BKYXiQ88jqbS15VHcvCbhdZyIUIim5Dh

Agreed for the most part but I wouldn't go as far as calling it BULLSHIT lol. It's a step in the right direction but more work definitely needs to be done.. which it looks like they're trying to do like I quoted before:

Lawyers will also push ahead with an ongoing lawsuit, in federal court that challenges the governor’s ability to impose arbitrary criteria dealing with when felons can vote again, said Jon Sherman, a lawyer involved in the case. If the plaintiffs are successful in the suit, it could push the state to establish clear guidelines for restoring voting rights.

Agreed for the most part but I wouldn't go as far as calling it BULLSHIT lol. It's a step in the right direction but more work definitely needs to be done.. which it looks like they're trying to do like I quoted before:

What I meant by calling bullshit is the credit he will get and how the optics of him doing it will make him look when it really has no meat on the bones. That is why I said its a nice gesture.

People still not really paying attention to the games though. Criminal justice reform is the hot topic but the main focus is on sentencing. That's cool and all but when felons get out jobs still an issue. There are many jobs that require occupational licenses. In a lot of states felons are barred from getting those licenses. Wild shit about that is some of those jobs are the damn jobs they were trained to do and doing while locked up yet they getting out of prison but can't get a good paying job in field they already have the skills at. How that make sense? How you trying to make real change and reforms but not addressing that basic shit? Yet removing those laws from the books ain't no politician platform yet some them screaming criminal justice reform.

It's all a game and folks keep falling for the same shit over and over again.

Last edited:

He’ll get the ruling. Benefits of being president when Supreme Court seats are open.

Now no president will have to share their tax returns, removing a natural deterrent for those with shady or foreign business dealings and leading to even less transparency on the person running to be leader of the free world.

Thanks Republicans and non-voters!

Back