Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Mercedes > Acura
5 BR House > 2 BR Apartment
Stacked Broad > Ugly Fat Broad

Hilary Clinton >>>>>> Donald Trump

We make hundreds of choices every day, fam.

In the most important one of your lifetime - why are you choosing to not make a choice?

Stephen Ross: President Trump made protests about the military

The Dolphins owner, who drew sharp criticism for hosting a six-figure fundraiser for President Trump earlier this month, addressed the Commander-in-Chief’s role in a June interview with Yahoo Finance. The quotes emerged on Friday.

“I supported the players initially,” Ross said at the time. “When Trump made it about the military, that was a different story.”

Ross doesn’t explain why he and other NFL owners sat idly by while the underlying basis for the anthem protests — to bring attention to concerns regarding police brutality against and other systemic oppression of minorities — became warped and twisted for political purposes. Instead, Ross apparently went along with the effort to co-opt the narrative.

“Whenever you’re really protesting against the military, I think nobody in this country really wants [to protest that],” Ross said. But, again, that’s not what the players were protesting, a point that they made repeatedly but that repeatedly fell on deaf ears. Or, more accurately, ears into which a false narrative was being continuously whispered.

Ross claims that he continues to tell his players, “I got your back. Do what you feel is right.” Some may wonder whether that’s actually the case, given the support Ross has given to the man who, as Ross has admitted, took the true basis for the protests and transmogrified it into something that would appeal to his base of voters.

A write in candidate? Please explain to me why even bother?

Might as well sit your ass at home and keep the line shorter for those whose votes will matter.

And you'd do this knowing it will only help Trump?

You buggin' yo.
I simply dont adhere to voting loyalty to either party just so the other side loses and if thats all either party is betting on as election strategy the more serious issue here is how far down we've fallen in quality of choices.

So Hilary not campaigning hard enough in swing states and pandering would have made you write in a candidate?
Me not voting for hillary had nothing to do with her campaign strategy nor pandering. Those are simply only a couple of the general reasons she lost the election.

Idk what yall dont get.

If a candidate stays home n does absolutely no campaigning whatsoever while the other is constantly running the circuit who tf u think has 100x more chance of winning?

So why is it hard to believe Hillary ignoring key segments of america helped cost her the election???

A write in candidate? Please explain to me why even bother?

Might as well sit your ass at home and keep the line shorter for those whose votes will matter.

And you'd do this knowing it will only help Trump?

You buggin' yo.

Lol bro these guys don't wanna admit they were silly when they decided that Trump wasn't significantly worse than Clinton. Let's just hope these people who still front like they made a sensible decision secretly vote for whoever the Dem is

Mercedes > Acura
5 BR House > 2 BR Apartment
Stacked Broad > Ugly Fat Broad

Hilary Clinton >>>>>> Donald Trump

We make hundreds of choices every day, fam.

In the most important one of your lifetime - why are you choosing to not make a choice?
Hillary clinton in my opinion would be a better politician especially due to her experience

But in my eyes she seems in a way cut from the same cloth as trump. A lotta funny shit, controversy, scandal, lover of big banks, idk what else im forgetting.

She would as well be a hugeee drop in quality from obama.

Bernie wouldve been my vote. Much cleaner record, more consistent politician, great ideas, etc but since i'd have to write him in, like nightking said, might as well stay my ass at home.

N thats what i did

Lol bro these guys don't wanna admit they were silly when they decided that Trump wasn't significantly worse than Clinton. Let's just hope these people who still front like they made a sensible decision secretly vote for whoever the Dem is
I really hope the DNC doesnt think like this again

I really hope the DNC doesnt think like this again

Why?

Because it will cause people like you to help elect Trump again?

Maybe before we fix the system and ensure we only have Candidates that YOU approve of ..

How about we prevent World War III, the deaths of more innocents due to hate crimes, the imprisonment and negligent treatment and deaths of migrants, the danger posed to the public by the greed and massive deregulation of industry, the implosion of the US and World economy, the erosion of our constitution and democracy, the destruction of our norms, the obliteration of foreign relationships between any and all of our allies ...

All of which will have undergone extreme strain and whose negative effects will last for decades if they can ever be salvaged.

You want to risk 4 more years???

Years ago, you and your chorus of self righteous trolls made fun of anyone trying to tell you what Trump would do.

“Your exaggerating!”

“It’s not going to be that bad”

“He’s the same as Hilary”

“I will never vote the lesser of two evils”

Well in effect you voted for the FAR GREATER of two evils. Congratulations

Are you willing to admit you were completely wrong and he is worse than we expected?

Or are you still going to put your pride before objective reality ... and potentially the country?

Last edited:
Why?

Because it will cause people like you to help elect Trump again?

Maybe before we fix the system and ensure we only have Candidates that YOU approve of ..

How about we prevent World War III, the deaths of more innocents due to hate crimes, the imprisonment and negligent treatment and deaths of migrants, the danger posed to the public by the greed and massive deregulation of industry, the health of the US and World economy, the erosion of our constitution and democracy, the destruction of our norms, the obliteration of foreign relationships between any of our allies ...

All of which will have undergone extreme strain and whose negative effects will last for decades if they can ever be salvaged.

You want to risk 4 more years???

Years ago, you and your chorus of self righteous trolls made fun of anyone trying to tell you what Trump would do.

“Your exaggerating!”

“It’s not going to be that bad”

“He’s the same as Hilary”

“I will never vote the lesser of two evils”

Well in effect you voted for the FAR GREATER of two evils. Congratulations

Are you willing to admit you were completely wrong and he is worse than we expected?

Or are you still going to put your pride before objective reality ... and potentially the country?
U lost me at helped trump get elected.

Cut the bullshit

Not voting or protest voting is NOT going to FIX the system.

It’s childish and naive to think so.

If a significant portion of Democrats withheld their vote, Republicans, would laugh hysterically and continue to destroy the county on behalf of their donors. They would use their margin of victory as proof they have a mandate and that people don’t really support a progressive agenda. They are enormous liars and hypocrites. Trump would do so 10X worse than a Republican alternative.

It’s easier to get to a candidate like Bernie or Warren who can revolutionize the system if we haven’t let Republicans dominate the conversation and damage the country even further; causing us to have to clean it up.

See Bush / Obama.
Or listen to the argument candidates like Joe Biden now get to make -

“Pick me so we can stop Trump, look at the mess he has made”

Republicans literally waste Trillions of dollars, cause us to lose thousands of lives, destroy the environment, steal away women’s fundamental rights; and make conditions for minority’s significantly worse.

Your solution is rolling over and letting them do this ...

That’s NOT the answer

What is?

MORE PARTICIPATION!

Not LESS

We have made SIGNIFICANT strides in this country when we have participated and fought for progressive ideals. Not fought against ourselves.

The New Deal
The Civil Rights Movement
Women’s Suffrage
EPA and environment Protections etc

We can do it again by being active and participating.

BTW, the fact that you literally compared Hilary to Trump as if they were “cut from the same cloth” is mind boggling.

I can’t form words to respond to that.

Last edited:
By the way we can get a candidate like Warren or Bernie NEXT YEAR.

If we do what?

You guessed it - VOTE.

As opposed to encouraging people to protest or withold their vote in the general election if they don’t get the exact candidate they want to win the nomination.

Have you ever considered that people would protest vote the opposite direction?

i.e. Refusing to vote for Bernie

All it does is help Republicans win. We’ve seen where that gets us.

If you aren’t sure or you still think they’re “the same as Democrats” check out the outcomes form the last 40 years of politics.

Not voting or protest voting is NOT going to FIX the system.

It’s childish and naive to think so.

If a significant portion of Democrats withheld their vote, Republicans, would laugh hysterically and continue to destroy the county on behalf of their donors. They would use their margin of victory as proof they have a mandate and that people don’t really support a progressive agenda. They are enormous liars and hypocrites. Trump would do so 10X worse than a Republican alternative.

It’s easier to get to a candidate like Bernie or Warren who can revolutionize the system if we haven’t let Republicans dominate the conversation and damage the country even further; causing us to have to clean it up.

See Bush / Obama.

They literally waste Trillions of dollars, cause us to lose thousands of lives, destroy the environment, steal away women’s fundamental rights; and make conditions for minority’s significantly worse.

Your solution is rolling over and letting them do this ...

That’s NOT the answer

What is?

MORE PARTICIPATION!

Not LESS

We have made SIGNIFICANT strides in this country when we have participated and fought for progressive ideals. Not fought against ourselves.

The New Deal
The Civil Rights Movement
Women’s Suffrage
EPA and environment Protections etc

We can do it again by being active and participating.

BTW, the fact that you literally compared Hilary to Trump as if they were “cut from the same cloth” is mind boggling.

I can’t form words to respond to that.
Not everyone sees each candidate exactly as u do (concerning Hillary)....get over it

Me sitting out wasnt a protest to fix the system. I simply didnt like either option.

But you and people like you did, lol. Look at it as voting against Trump instead of voting for the Democratic candidate. You didn't vote against Trump so you, in effect, helped get him elected by not stopping him from getting elected.
Its not that i dont understand what u all are saying its that i simply disagree.

Saying we helped him is stripping away the responsibilities and flaws of the candidate who lost. Its also almost in line with damn near saying by sitting out we support him. Thats an extreme view imo.

Im not registered democrat or republican. I vote when im moved to. No more, no less. This isnt pride or protest its responding to these posts that keep bringing up ppl that were disengaged bc 2 shitty candidates (by their opinion, not yours).

Back