Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

Murdoch’s Media Juggernaut Reportedly Developing ‘Knewz’ Aggregator to Compete With Google

Rupert Murdoch’s media conglomerate News Corp is reportedly developing a news aggregator meant to compete with Google News and Facebook.

The Wall Street Journal reported the platform Knewz would compete with other news aggregators by not taking a cut of advertising revenue from publishers and is aimed to promote original reporting.

Sources told the Wall Street Journal that the platform is meant to give exposure to outlets News Corp executives argue are demoted in Google and Facebook searches, like conservative sites the Daily Wire and the Washington Examiner. Other officials told the Journal that the goal is to highlight all deserving news stories, regardless of politics.

Representatives for Google and Facebook had no immediate comment, but the companies have said their algorithms don’t rank or prioritize content.

The service will also draw from national outlets like The New York Times, Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal — which is owned by News Corp.

Murdoch also oversees News Corp’s sister company the Fox Corporation, which controls Fox News and Fox Sports. Both News Corp and Fox Corp were spun off from the original News Corporation in 2013.

Officials say Knewz could be launched later this year, but noted the company may still decide to knix the project entirely.

Murdoch is looking at creating another propaganda tool...

Someone explain why anyone thinks we should buy Greenland...

Edit:
I said "we"...Ewww, fuck this country...

Looks like there’s a movement on Twitter where people are reserving seats at Trump rallies online (it’s free), and then not showing up to make sure he has as many empty seats as possible.
That's been done before though. I think it was done in the last election.

That's disingenuous and I don't really agree with it, but I'm not mad at it either.

Hickenlooper Launches Senate Bid To Unseat Cory Gardner

Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper is launching a bid to topple Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO), one of the most vulnerable members in the chamber, a week after dropping out of the presidential race.

In an announcement video Hickenlooper posted online, he shoots pool while decrying the “political nonsense” of Washington.

“I’ve always said Washington was a lousy place for a guy like me who wants to get things done,” he says, clad in jeans and a button down, strolling around the pub he owns. ” But this is not time to walk away from the table.”

“I’m not done fighting for the people of Colorado,” he concludes.

According to the Denver Post, there are already 11 Democrats in the primary for the race, with several confirming that they’d stay in despite Hickenlooper’s entry.

Back