Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

There a millions of people that think that their one vote won’t have an impact ...

The more people that think that, the LARGER the impact it has

Its not that i dont understand what u all are saying its that i simply disagree.

Saying we helped him is stripping away the responsibilities and flaws of the candidate who lost.

Yeah

In this context, you are caring more about Hilary Clinton than yourself or your Country.

Who is Hilary Clinton? She is just a politician.
Politicians are just a means to an end.

An end.
A result.
An outcome.
Our REALITY.

In the case of the President - 4 to 8 years of reality and decades or generations more of consequences -

Consequences that we all have to deal with.

Our collective voting behavior:
Either Voting, Not voting, or throwing away a vote on a candidate that won’t win decides who that President is.

You can pretend your vote doesn’t fit into this calculus but it is an empirically false notion.

I don’t give a fuck about a candidate’s “flaws” or how they campaigned.

Seriously. Who the fuck cares?

I care about myself. My family. My community. My country.

And I care about whom of the available, viable candidates best serves their interests.

In the Primary season, that number of people can be large.

In the General Election, that number is 2.

That’s how I base my decisions. Because I live in reality. And people are hurting and dying out here.

Last edited:
There a millions of people that think that their one vote won’t have an impact ...

The more people that think that, the LARGER the impact it has
At the same time tho the only time ppl really give a shit about the non voters is when their desired candidate loses.

Had hillary won with the same amount if votes but much less republican turnout no one in here would think twice about non voters

And again, she won the popular vote so more individuals wanted her.

She lost bc of the electoral college....u know that thing that gives every state voting power. Maybe there actually is something to be said about her ignoring key parts of the country.

Dont blame one n not the other for this loss.

Yeah

In this context, you are caring more about Hilary Clinton than yourself or your Country.

Who is Hilary Clinton? She is just a politician.
Politicians are just a means to an end.

And end.
A result.
An outcome.
Our REALITY.

In the case of the President - 4 to 8 years of reality and decades or generations more of consequences -

Consequences that we all have to deal with.

Our collective voting behavior:
Either Voting, Not voting, or throwing away a vote on a candidate that won’t win decides who that President is.

You can pretend your vote doesn’t fit into this calculus but it is an empirically false notion.

I don’t give a fuck about a candidate’s “flaws” or how they campaigned.

Seriously. Who the fuck cares?

I care about myself. My family. My community. My country.

And I care about whom of the available, viable candidates best serves their interests.

In the Primary season, that number of people can be large.

In the General Election, that number is 2.

That’s how I base my decisions. Because I live in reality. And people are hurting and dying out here.
U are conflating me bringing up her lack of campaigning with my reasons for not voting for her for the 100th time. Those are two very separate things.

A candidate has to earn my vote plain n simple. And i dont mean that in some 'playing hard to get' expression either. I simply have to feel enough resonance with that candidate and feel some type of trust to get out n vote for em.

Or i can just vote for one side election after election just to beat the other side....u know....just like republicans do.

A candidate has to earn my vote plain n simple.

I completely agree with you... for a Presidential Primary.

In a general election, it’s which of the viable candidates is MOST deserving of my vote.

In the general election, you will inevitably have a decent to good or great politician VS

A horrible politician that is in completely bought off by bllionaires and actively working against everything you believe in ... or worse yet - someone like Donald Trump.

Call me crazy, I’ll choose the first option.

But quit with this false narrative of party loyalty.

I’m loyal to myself. If Republicans elected human beings to go against Democrats, I would consider voting for them.

They don’t. So I don’t.

I completely agree with you... for a Presidential Primary.

In a general election, it’s which of the viable candidates is MOST deserving of my vote.

In the general election, you will inevitably have a decent to good or great politician VS

A horrible politician that is in completely bought off by bllionaires and actively working against everything you believe in ... or worse yet - someone like Donald Trump.

Call me crazy, I’ll choose the first option.

But quit with this false narrative of party loyalty.

I’m loyal to myself. If Republicans elected human beings to go against Democrats, I would consider voting for them.

They don’t. So I don’t.
So republicans arent human
U dont sit out elections, ever
Meaning ull vote democrat literally no matter what

Sounds like party loyalty to me. Which is fine.

U do ur bullshit ill do mine.

U are conflating me bringing up her lack of campaigning with my reasons for not voting for her for the 100th time. Those are two very separate things.

A candidate has to earn my vote plain n simple. And i dont mean that in some 'playing hard to get' expression either. I simply have to feel enough resonance with that candidate and feel some type of trust to get out n vote for em.

Or i can just vote for one side election after election just to beat the other side....u know....just like republicans do.

I also take issue with the fact that you would put Hilary Clinton in the same vein as Donald Trump when you can’t even name her top three policy positions...

You probably can’t name three parts of her platform that you disagreed with.

Leave google out of it and give it a try.

Your criticisms of her are largely based on the media narrative against her (either from a conservative or progressive perspective) and your perception of who she is as a person.

In over 3 years I haven’t heard you once state one criticism of Hilary based on policy or agenda.

Do you have any idea how comprehensive her criminal justice platform was?

She was no Bernie Sanders, but she had progressive aspects of her platform.

And that’s my main issue. This isn’t supposed to be a popularity contest.

It’s supposed to be about the issues that affect people.

Tens of Millions of people just assumed “Hilary is just as bad as Trump” with no empirical evidence to substantiate the claim.

Look at their platforms. They are literally on polar opposite sides of the spectrum on virtually every issue.

Last edited:
I also take issue with the fact that you would put Hilary Clinton in the same vein as Donald Trump when you can’t even name her top three policy positions...

You probably can’t name three parts of her platform that you disagreed with.

Leave google out of it and give it a try.

Your criticisms of her are largely based on the media narrative against her (either from a conservative or progressive perspective) and your perception of who she is as a person.

In over 3 years I haven’t heard you once state one criticism of Hilary based on policy or agenda.

Do you have any idea how comprehensive her criminal justice platform was?

She was no Bernie Sanders, but she had progressive aspects of her platform.

And that’s my main issue. This isn’t supposed to be a popularity contest.

It’s supposed to be a out the issues that affect people.

Tens of Millions of people just assumed “Hilary is just as bad as Trump” with no empirical evidence to substantiate the claim.

Look at their platforms. They are literally on polar opposite sides of the spectrum on virtually every issue.
For mfs who always yell "Stop bringing up Hillary" its clear whos unable to let it go.

I see ur point in asking but 2 things:
1) Hillary flip flops on a lot of shit all of the time to make it hard to believe she means what she says
2) If i truly dont know shit about her policies or positions thats all the MORE reason to not vote

Or is it your belief that when i fail to thoroughly examine i should vote blue anyway?

So republicans arent human
U dont sit out elections, ever
Meaning ull vote democrat literally no matter what

Sounds like party loyalty to me. Which is fine.

U do ur bullshit ill do mine.

Have you been paying attention to their ideology lately?

They call other people dogs, rapists, murderers, just because of the color of their skin.

They put innocent, legal immigrants into concentration camps, make them drink out of toilets, sleep on concrete and in some cases die next to their own vomit.

They will let children and adults be slaughtered in the streets due to bribes given to them by the NRA.

They will imprison women over their reproductive rights.

They would rather literally destroy the earth than sacrifice a dollar in profit or campaign Contributions

They would steal healthcare from millions and let them die or bankrupt them for the rest of their lives rather than sacrifice billions of unnecessary profits and overheard in the healthcare industry.

Yes - The way the treat others is inhuman.

I vote for the best candidate.
In my lifetime that happens to be a Democrat.

I won’t be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. That’s immature and stupid IMO.

Find me one Republican in the last 40 years that “earned your vote”.

I am voting Bernie or Warren in the primary.
GASP - they are registered for the Democratic Nomination.

What a surprise!

Can you believe it? The Democrats have a better candidate than the Republicans.

Have I met my Democratic quota yet?

I don’t want to be accused of “party loyalty”?

For mfs who always yell "Stop bringing up Hillary" its clear whos unable to let it go.

I see ur point in asking but 2 things:
1) Hillary flip flops on a lot of shit all of the time to make it hard to believe she means what she says
2) If i truly dont know shit about her policies or positions thats all the MORE reason to not vote

Or is it your belief that when i fail to thoroughly examine i should vote blue anyway?

It is my belief that as an adult citizen of this country, you should take 10 minutes to educate yourself about a leading candidate for the President of the United States.

Holy shit, man. You can literally type a sentence into your smartphone and gain access to all of the information you could possibly need about her and her platform.

You had years to do that.

Is that too high of a burden for you? Does every candidate need to schedule a series of personal interviews with you to explain their platform?

Lol at “thoroughly examine”

You represent her as a candidate so unfathomably horrible; you would rather see Donald Trump elected than vote for her.

Yet you have no idea what she planned to do.

Last edited:
Back